Chapter 4

Sarah:

I worked on the movie for two weeks before I had to stop and put concert rehearsals first before the movie.

"Sorry po talaga Direk." I say, a little guilty, though I no reason to.

"Ok lang naman! Ito..napaka guilty, hindi naman kailangan." She says, voicing my thoughts exactlly.

"Alam ko naman po, pero, makaka slow po yata ito ng production eh!" 

"Ok lang naman yan!" She repeats."Wag ka mag alala, ng dito pa naman si Ge eh, marami pa kaming scene na hindi na take sa kanya." 

Gerald. My sweet, quiet leading man. I'd never thought that I'd refer to any guy as quiet. Every guy I had worked with was so much more talkative. He kept to himself a lot. We didn't really talk much, but this time it wasn't as awkward anymore. We started to warm up to each other, saying hello and all that stuff. He really sweet one time, helping me up when I accidentally tripped. He started laughing at me, and I stuck my tongue at him. It was the first time I had ever heard him laugh.

"Alam mo, ngayon lang kita narinig tumawa." I told him.

He looked at me surprised that I actually noticed. He just shrugged, and replied, " Well, ikaw naman, araw-araw kitang naririnig tumawa."

This, of course made me laugh. "Ang ingay ko no?"

"Hindi naman. Ang cute nga ng tawa mo. Parang bata. Pero, marami na yan nag sabi sa yo no?"

"Hmm...hindi pa. ikaw pa lang." I say teasingly. "Congrats!"

He laughed at that. "Wala bang certificate?"

"Ahahahahaha sige ba, pagawan kita, gusto mo?"

His eyes shone. "Yes please! Gusto ko iframe!"

I noticed that he was quite animated that day, no at all like the quiet Gerald Anderson that I was used to.

"Ang ingay mo ngayon ah."

"Bakit, masama ba?"

"wala lang...Hindi kasi ako sanay eh. Usually, quiet ka."

"Point taken." 

We were shooting a scene by a building where Roan supposedly worked. It was the first time that our characters had officially met.

It quite embarrassing, seeing as I had to get bonked on the head several times, seeing as Gerald kept ruining the scene. I was supposed to accidentally get hit by a glass door, while rushing out with flowers to greet him.

By the time with finally got the scene we wanted, my forehead was sore.

"Ok ka lang?" I saw Gerald coming towards me with an ice pack in his hands.

"Ok lang" I gratefully took the ice pack from him, and put it on my forehead. "Salamat ha."

"Walang anu man." He replied. "Ang sakit tingan."

"Kasalanan mo eh!" I told him jokingly. "Dahil sa yo, naka ilang take tayo. 5 yata."

He looked at me, making puppy dog eyes. "Sorry na."

I laughed. The puppy-dog look suited him quite well. "Sige na nga."

"Am I forgiven?"

"Oo na nga."

He jumped up and down like a little child.

Yep, the puppy-dog look really suited him.

Gerald:

I liked working with Sarah. She brought an unexplainable happiness to her work. Sure, she was serious, and she gave her job everything she had, but she was like a child, always laughing, always full of energy. One day, we had to arrive early again, I was half asleep, while she was dancing around, singing her heart out. Where she got her energy, I had no idea. So when we were doing a scene, I guess some of her energy and laughter had rubbed off on me, making me hyper, and ruin most of the takes. 

By the end of the scene, she was rubbing a pink spot on her forehead, no doubt from the five hits she's taken from getting hit by the glass door.

I went to a cooler nearby, and took out a pack of ice. Walking towards her, I handed her the ice pack, which she took gratefully. She put the ice to her forehead. A small bump was forming. Ouch, that gotta hurt.

"Ok ka lang" I asked her, concern colouring my tone.

"Ok lang. Salamt ha."

"Walang anu man." I winced internally. "Ang sakit tingan ah."

"Kasalanan mo eh!" She poked my in the side. "Dahil sa yo, naka ilan take tayo. 5 yata."

 I looked at her, trying to create a sad little innocent child look that I use all the time to my mother. "Sorry na." 

I really was sorry for that. 

She laughed. "Sige na nga!"

I smiled. "Am I forgiven?"

"Oo na nga."

I jumped up and down like a little child. For some strange reason, I felt so full of energy just from this conversation with my leading lady. She sounded so carefree, like nothing could ever be too heavy for her to carry.

And this is when my admiration for her deepened.