Chapter 17- double trouble

Start from the beginning

"It was not a problem, hopefully you weren't deterred by my very, interesting daughter." He patted my head.

"Hopefully you weren't deterred by my very, interesting daughter." I mocked him.

He glared at me and I knew that it meant I must go upstairs or else no internet for a week.

I raised my hands up in surrender and pulled Dean along with me.

"No funny business!" My dad called.

"I'm making no promises." I answered.

We laid on my bed in silence while my head was on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

He played with hair and I think he was attempting a braid.

"What are you doing to my hair?" I chuckled.

"How the heck do you guys make a braid? You girls are really talented with your hands. In more ways than one." He winked.

I got up and slapped his head.

"You're so violent." He rubbed his head.

Then my laptop started making noises.

I picked it up and my brother was trying to Skype me.

"Ready to meet my brother?" I asked

"Wait what?"

"Hey James!" I waved.

"Hi Hailey!" He shouted back imitating me.

I stuck my tongue out at him but I was so glad to see him.

"Who's the very nervous looking guy?" My brother pointed towards Dean.

"This is Dean, the guy I talked to you about last time."

"Oh. OH. Well, I guess it's nice to meet you." My brother was trying so hard to be polite it was funny.

"Yeah it's nice to meet you too." Dean was sweating so much.

I rubbed Dean's back trying to calm him down but he was breathing really hard.

"Calm down, it's not like you're giving birth." I laughed.

"I'm nice, I promise." My brother said with an evil grin on his face.

"If you're going to say that, don't try and look like the joker." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, I blanked out for a second, you look a lot like Haylie."

"We are siblings." I glared at my brother and he held his hands up in surrender.

"Well this isn't awkward at all." I said trying to break the ice.

"So how long have you two been together?" My brother asked.

"A few weeks." Dean answered, thank god, I was starting to think that he was deaf.

"That's nice, okay, I'll cut the crap, I know you helped my baby sis with Ken and I really appreciate it, but just because you earned some brownie points, it doesn't mean that I am completely trusting you. However, you have done nothing to upset her yet which I know is very difficult, considering the fact that she's quite hard headed." That earned him another glare. "Sorry, it's true, so I won't give you the whole 'I'm her big brother, if you hurt her I will punch your fucking face'."

"Thanks James, I think that's enough." I cut him off.

"I know, I've heard the speech before, not that I've been with a lot of girls but I mean-"

James' doorbell rung.

"Saved by the bell." My brother smirked.

He went to go open the door and there stood a very lovely looking girl. She had long brown hair and warm brown eyes, she actually reminded me of me. That's weird. I don't think my brother would date her if he thought the same. That's just creepy.