Chapter 1- a mouse house

Our house was tiny. I mean, seriously! It's like the size of a mouse compared to our old elephant sized house.

"Are you sure we're supposed to be living in this house?" I asked my dad when I dropped my bag on the floor in disbelief. I didn't want to sound like a brat but seriously! (Sorry for all the 'seriously's. I can't believe it) This house is absolutely tiny!

"Yeah. It's one of the big houses!" He said defending the poor little house.

"This is big? It's as big as our old garage!" I said waving my arms around to show how surprised I was.

"Just be grateful we aren't living on the streets like hobos." He dismissed me with a flick of his wrist.

"Ug!" I shouted before storming up the tiny flight of stairs.

"Which room is mine?" I asked my dad.

"The smaller one." He shouted up.

"No way." I said when I stepped into the bedroom. It wasn't as tiny as I expected it to be but boy was it pink.

WAY TOO PINK! Who used to leave here? A 2 year old girl?

"DAD!!" The hours on the plane really didn't help with my mood. I was jetlagged and I was hungry.

I promise, I am nicer than you think.

"What do you want now?" He shouted impatiently.

"My room has been infested by pink fairies!"

"What are you talking about-" Then he saw my room. "Oh."

"Yeah, that's right. We're going to have to go buy paint now." I said and went to explore the rest of the house.

I guess I should be a little more grateful. After all, my dad did work extremely hard to get where he is today. Plus, he has to deal with me without my brother helping him. I know I'm a tough person to get along with. That's probably why my only friends have been Ken, Lydia and my beloved books.

Call me a nerd. Which I am. I've gotten nothing lower than an A and I don't plan on stopping.

I was average looking. Or at least that's what I thought. I wore those nerdy glasses (I really don't need them but I looked better in them), I rarely ever wore anything other than denim pants, a hoody and converses.

I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up. I want to help the unfortunate. Oh yeah. I'm such a stereotypical nerd.

I tried avoiding the majority of people, parties or stuff like that. People who party all the time just annoy me. Then they always say 'YOLO' as if it's an excuse to be stupid.

Gosh. People these days.

The house was still small. Not that it was going to change in a matter of seconds but I was hoping I would be able to see the bright side of it.

Nope. Still tiny.

"I'm going outside to look at the neighbourhood." I announced to my dad.

"Okay. Be safe and do you know the way back."

"Umm... sure?" I said, besides, I had my phone.

"Okay have fun! But not too much fun. You're already enough to deal with." He said.

I rolled my eyes and skipped outside.

The place from the outside looked pretty cozy, maybe if I was allowed I do some finishing touches, it could be so much better...

I took out my ear phones and iPod to listen to some music. I hummed along to the song by Selena Gomez called 'Save the day'. It had such a good beat and it made me want to dance. But I definitely wasn't going to embarrass myself in public.