Chapter 2 - Blast From The Past

CHAPTER 2

"What is this cretin doing here?" Sam's voice was deep and stern. Her eyes were gleaming with rage the second her brain had absorbed what was happening and who was standing in front of him.

There was nothing friendly with her facial expression; it was filled with an all-consuming anger for the guy who made her best friend suffer the consequences of their careless actions alone. The unforeseen circumstance sent Sam's heart numb and livid. Seeing Vander had harked back the bitter part of her best friend's days and she detested him for that.

"You know him?" Lizzie stood there, trying to understand her roommate's reaction.

"Of course I know this asshole." Sam answered without tearing his piercing glare away from Vander. "I want him to leave now."

"Oh please, Sam. Cut the unforgiving act." Vander spoke. "Don't even think that I am the reason why it all happened to her. I'm not the one who killed her."

Lizzie's eyes broadened in bewilderment. "Killed who?" she glared at Vander, "You killed someone?"

"I just said I'm not the one who killed her...Chloe died but it doesn't mean I should die with her. Move on Sam. I heard Dean has."

Sam gritted her teeth. "You are one unimaginable jerk." She clenched her fists in anger. Furious and totally ready to kill Vander, she launched and plunged her foot into his groin, she kicked him so hard enough that he kneeled over, gasping for air.

"Sam!" Lizzie exclaimed and went to aid her visitor right away.

"Arrggghhh..." Vander whimpered on the floor. He surely didn't see that kick coming.

"What's wrong with you?" Lizzie asked as she tried to help Vander. "Do you really have to do that?!"

Sam breathed heavily from the sudden release of heavy emotions she kept inside. "Yes, Lizzie. I had to. You have no idea what an asshole that guy is."

"You are way over the line with your attitude, Sam. This is too much. You kicked him like you're some barbaric person. You could have just talked or shouted at him!" Lizzie said loudly. She was totally confused with what was going on and what Sam did just infuriated her in an instant.

"If only you met him before. He deserves more than a kick in his balls." Sam retorted.

"I don't know what he did to you or your best friend but I do think that kicking him is totally uncalled for."

Vander was still lying on the floor, struggling for air and trying to get up. "Shit...I think...I think she smashed my...." His voice trailed off in pain.

Sam looked down at them with the same amount of fury toward Vander. Whatever Lizzie had to say would not change the fact that the guy she'd been dating had caused hurt and abandoned her best friend. The thought of Chloe, pale and weak in her bed made her want to do more than kicking Vander's balls.

"Do you even know your baby's name?" She asked him. "You don't know that because you don't even care."

Lizzie turned to Vander. "You have a baby?"

"Yes, he does. And he abandoned her just like how he abandoned Chloe." Sam picked up her bag and the book she dropped and pointed angrily at Vander. "I hate you and I am going to remain hating you for the rest of my life." And then she stormed out of the room. She just got a blast from the past.

______________________

"I told you, you just need to introduce me to her. You don't have to tag along."