kiss//sokeefe

Keefe wasn't moving.

I staggered to my feet, ignoring the pain shooting up my legs. I rushed toward him, shoving my way across the bloodied ground. 

"No. No. No."

Kneeling down beside him, I grabbed his shoulders and gently rolled him onto his back. "Keefe," I whispered, shaking him. "Keefe? Please?"

His eyes were shut. Golden lashes fanned cheeks that didn't move. There was no teasing glint in his eyes. There was no trademark smirk across his lips. There was no Keefe.

There was a wrenching feeling deep inside me, a splintering and tearing in my chest that was so very real.

He still wasn't moving.

I grasped his cheeks. His eyelashes fluttered once, but then there was nothing again.

Panicked, I shook him again, and when he didn't respond, a broken sob racked its way through my body as I dropped my head onto his chest.

Grief tore through me-I didn't know I could feel so hollow inside, so empty. Like a part of me was missing. It didn't matter all those times he betrayed us, he'd made it right in the end. And the pain, even the though of him gone, felt utterly gut-wrenching. 

I was losing him. Forever. And there would be no way to bring him back.

I should have done something earlier. Maybe I could have prevented this. But I didn't. And the guilt was suffocating me. 

Taking shallower breaths I tried to calm down.

"I can't breathe. I just can't."

"Well that makes two of us. You're completely squashing me, Foster."

I jerked back, and let out a startled and very surprised yelp. Keefe stared back at me, his ice blue eyes hazy, but he was breathing. He was alive. Not dead. He was actually alive.

I punched him on the shoulder. Hard.

"Ow!" He rolled onto his side, almost out of my reach."What in Exile was that for?!"

"Don't you ever do that again, you jerk!" I punched him again, hitting him on his back. "I thought you were dead!"

And he still had the nerve to smirk at me.

"Yes, I can tell. A welcome back kiss would suffice, thank you very much."

If a kiss was what he wanted, then a kiss was what he would get.

Leaning forward, I kissed him. I was so not going to lose him ever again.

After what felt like an eternity he pulled back, breathing slightly heavier.

"Wow, you're a pretty good kisser. I hope that's your declaration of undying love for me."

Helping him to his feet, I flash him a triumphant smile.

"I do love you."

"Love you too. Although the punches weren't nessasary."

Before I could respond, he pulled me into a deeper kiss, and I sank into it. My mind turned to mush and shut off.

Somewhere I could faintly hear shouts from our friends. But it didn't matter at this moment.

Because Keefe was here. And I was with him.

FLUFF!!! Comment and vote maybe?