Chapter 5 : (Syo x Tokiya)

Start from the beginning

I sighed like the umpteenth time of the day in response to his puppy eyes. "Kid, if you want to lie-" He cut me off rudely with one of his outbursts again. "But I'm not lying and I'm not a kid!! I'm 18!!" I felt like rolling my eyes at his outburst until the last part got my attention.

Ignoring him, I checked my clipboard again and flipped till Year 3 class 4. True enough, the name Kurusu Syo is imprinted there. Damn teenagers and their slow puberty. "Why? Is my name there now?" His lips pulled up to show a cocky smirk when he realized I made a mistake.

Soon enough, my shocked expression was arranged to an indifferent one within seconds. I could see his face forming a frown, disappointed that he couldn't taunt me any longer with my cool composure regained.

"I apologize for my mistake but anyone with eyes could have been in the same situation as me." His frowns deepened, confused to the meaning behind my words. "What did you mean by that?"

Rolling my eyes heavenward at how stupid this boy is, I wasted my breath in explaining to him. "What I mean is that, anyone with eyes could have mistaken you for a 12 year old boy instead of a high school student."

Slowly, I watched his confused expression morphed to one of anger the moment my words clicked in his brain. "How dare you say something like that to me?! And you call yourself an educator?!" The hands by his sides clenched and unclenched repeatedly while his shoulders shook in anger. "I'm not an educator, I'm the school's infirmary doctor."  I corrected him while thinking that maybe this would put him in his place and stop him from disrespecting me.

However I never thought that his complex about his small stature would be so deep when I saw a single tear rolled down his cheek. Standing there like some statue, I have no idea what to do with a sobbing boy. Seconds of awkward silence passed by and I finally made a move from my spot.

“Maybe you need this…” I reached for the handkerchief folded neatly in my pants pocket and offered it to him. But he stared at the handkerchief with distaste, refusing to take it. “I-I don’t need your pity! Besides, I’m not even crying!” Quickly turning his back on me, he sniffled then lifted one of his hands to wipe away a few tears.

Ignoring his rudeness towards me, I swallowed down my pride just this once. "I apologise for hurting your feelings... I guess I should take my leave now." My stare lingered on his back longer before turning to leave. Sighing again, I walked out of the infirmary; leaving him alone.

--Syo POV--

"I apologize if I hurt your feelings.... I guess I should take my leave now." I can sense a semblance of sincerity and guilt in his voice rather than his usual emotionless one.

However, I was beyond mad to acknowledge his apology since it brought up unwanted memories to the front. Hearing him sighed, I heard footsteps ushering out of the room until I could no longer feel his annoying presence.

Once he's gone, I flopped down on a neaby bed and released the tears that are threatening to spill out. 'A real man does not cry in front of others...' I repeated my father's words in my head, clutching onto the sheets till my knuckles turned white

15 minutes later, I sat up on the bed and wiped away my tears using the sleeves of my shirt. Once I'm done, I noticed the black colour handkerchief, resting on the tabletop beside me. Picking up the handkerchief, a slip of paper fell out and I picked it up to read. Scribbled on the piece of paper, shows a set of neat handwriting that reads, 'I will leave this here in case you need it.' Snorting loudly once I realized who's the owner of this handkerchief, an urge to throw the handkerchief on the ground rose up within me. Since he insisted on me using it, I shall leave my salty tears and yucky mucus behind to show him!

Lifting my hand, I intend to use the handkerchief to blow my snot. Unfortunately, my conscience got in the way and pricked at my heart. Caught in a dilemma, I finally put the handkerchief down and placed it back to its rightful place 10 minutes later.

Feeling indignant to just leave it like that, out of the sudden an idea popped up and I quickly took a pen from his work desk, scribbling messily on the back of the note he left for me. ‘Idiot! Who wants to use your smelly handkerchief? Better keep it for yourself to wipe your ass! >:)’ I laughed maniacally and kept reading it over and over again till I’m satisfied then placed it under the folded handkerchief. Now that will make me feel slightly better...

--End of Chapter--

A/N: Hehe.. I hope you like my depiction of Tokiya. I've always imagined him as a cool, mean person on the outside but secretly a sweetie and softie on the inside. xD Anyway, remember to comment. Vote. Share. If you enjoyed it as much as I do when I'm writing it. Thank you! I kept cracking up on Syo POV and I'm probably high when I typed this out. xDDDD And nopeee, I'm not even on drugs... :)