How You See The World

Magsimula sa umpisa

We got out the elevator and headed to a restaurant called "Rivea London" which was very posh and elegant. Once we got there, the Ramirez's were already there waiting for us. But to my surprise, so was Wendee and her father.

"Hello everyone!", Mrs Ramirez greeted us.

"Alex.", Wendee said glaring at me.

"Wendee.", I glared back at her.

"Gwyneth.", Gregg said looking at her.

"Gregg.", she replied.

"Alex?", Gavin asked surprised looking at me.

"Gavin.", Lauren answered with an attitude.

"Leah.", he uttered.

"And I'm Chris", my father hopped in. "Now that we all know each other let's eat!"

If looks could kill, Wendee and I would be sitting on our death beds along with Gregg, Gwyneth, Gavin, Lauren and Leah. The tension at the table was unreal. I was seated across from Gavin while next to me Leah was seated across from Wendee. On my left was Lauren who was next to Gwyneth, Gwyneth whom was next to Chris and seated across from Gregg. This was an uncomfortable situation for all of us.

Once we were all seated Mrs Ramirez began to speak,

"So um.... how do you all know each other?"

Everyone looked in different directions awkwardly. I felt bad for Mrs Ramirez because I knew she was genuinely confused and had no knowledge of what had happened in the past. But at the same time, she had no idea what she just got herself into.

"Well...?", she asked again.

"You see, Mrs Ramirez. What had happened was.....", my father spoke up before beginning to laugh awkwardly. ".....It's honestly a funny story. I think you'll get a good laugh out of this."

"Okay, go on,"

"You see... Gwyneth and Gregg used to work together... they actually dated for a bit."

"Oh like before you two got married?", Mr Ramirez asked. "Cause I can see how that could be a little weird."

"Yeah well...not exactly.", My dad tried to explain. I couldn't help but cringe every second of this conversation. "More like...recently"

"Recently?", Mrs Ramirez asked visibly confused. "That doesn't make any sense. Aren't you two-"

"We're actually separated and in the process of getting a divorce.", Gwyneth jumped in.

"We weren't at the time", my dad muttered under his breath. Jonny, Guy, Phil, and Will all tried to hold back laughter.

"I know what goes on between you two is your business but I don't think that infidelity is setting a great example for your children.", Mrs Ramirez said sternly.

"It isn't.", Wendee agreed looking over at me. "That's probably why Alex dated Jonsey only to make Gavin jealous."

"Alex? Is this true?", Mrs Ramirez asked me. I could hear the disappointment in her voice. Before I could answer my dad spoke for me.

"No. It isn't true. And even if it was why do you care, Wendee? Her business has nothing to do with you."

"Excuse me, who the hell do you think you are talking to my daughter like that?", Gregg began to raise his voice. "You might be a rockstar and all but you have no business disrespecting my daughter."