Chapter 3 - See you at 6

Chapter 3- See you at six

Almost a week passed after that, my life went on as usual. I spent my Sunday at church with my parents as I did every week and then my week days working shifts at the gas station.

Usually I would meet with my best friend Brooke on some nights during the weak, or on the Saturday. We'd usually go to into town and grab a coffee and a bite to eat and just catch up, however she was currently on holiday in Thailand with her boyfriend Jake.

She had been dating him for around 6 months now and I had to admit I was pretty envious of them. I was 18 and I hadn't even had my first kiss yet, well not properly anyway. I did kiss a guy when I was 14 but that was for a dare and it was only a peck. I'd never had a proper kiss. I wouldn't say I was jealous of what they had as I wasn't the jealous type, it was more of I just wished I could have the same experiences as Brooke. It was hard to do so though, my parents were completely beyond strict and even though I was 18 they still had pretty much complete control over every little thing I did.

Brooke always spoke about her sex life with Jake which made me feel pretty awkward. Of course being a virgin who hadn't even had her first kiss, I wasn't experienced so I couldn't really add much to those conversations - I'd usually just sit there and nod my head but at the same time I was intrigued. I wanted to know what it was like to feel like that.

It was now a Thursday so I was finishing work at 6pm. Where we lived was a small town so it was normal to not get much custom.

I went out the back to quickly go and grab my water bottle. As I was out there looking for it in my bag I heard the bell go. I groaned and then I came back through to the counter. That was when I saw him again.

There stood H. That same cheeky grin on his face from the first time I met him showing off his deep dimples in each of his cheeks.
"Finally!" Was the first word that came out of his mouth when he saw me. I raised my eyebrows and laughed slightly. "Excuse me?" I asked.

"You are just the person I wanted to see." He said and walked towards the counter. "You realise I've been coming in here every day for the past 4 days to try and catch you but you haven't been here?" He asked me.

I raised an eyebrow at that. "Well, you must've been coming before and after my shifts." I laughed slightly. "Also, that's pretty creepy." I told him.

"Creepy? Weird? Psychopathic? All the same." He shrugged. "But so what? The best people are all those things." He said and I made a face looking a little worried. He was odd and he did creep me out Slightly I had to admit, but at the same time it was in a good way. If that was even possible...being creeped out in a good way.

"So, why've you been looking for me then?" I asked sort of changing the subject after that.
"Well, I realised that actually, I've been here over a week now and to be honest I haven't really got many friends here." He said before pouting and fake sniffling as if he were upset. "So, how about I get your number and you and I get to know each other a little better? What do you say to that?" He smirked a bit as he leaned against the counter on his elbow.

I hummed a bit as if I were thinking about it. "I say, no thank you." I smiled at him a little sarcastically as I shrugged my shoulders.
"What?" He asked and laughed a bit.
"No thank you." I repeated and shrugged.

"What do you mean no thank you?" He asked. He acted stunned as if he were god's gift to women and a girl had never turned him down before.
"I take it from how surprised you look that back home in the UK you had girls literally throwing themselves at you." I said.

"Me? Having girls hand themselves to me on a plate? No! Never!" He said with quite a bit of sarcasm and then he chuckled. "Oh c'mon, just give me your number and then you can get to know me better instead of judging me." He shrugged.

"I don't need to get to know you better H." I said and shrugged. "You are as irrelevant to my life as I am to yours." I said.

He shook his head with a slight smirk. "Okay, what about if I prove myself worthy enough of your phone number then?" He asked.
"How do you mean prove yourself?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well what time do you finish work tonight?" He asked.
"6, why?" I looked back at him and he nodded. "I'll be back then." He said. "I hope you haven't got any plans because tonight you're joining me for dinner." He said.
"I'm joining you?" I asked.
"Yep."
"And what makes you so sure that I'm going to say yes?" I asked and laughed a little.
"Because it's not a question." He said. "You will join me for dinner, that's not a request." He told me.
I smiled after that. "Right then. I shall. We'll see how worthy you are of my phone number." I said and shrugged.

"Great, well I'll be off. See you at 6." He smiled at me again showing off those oh so deep dimples in his cheeks.
"Fine. I'll see you at six." I agreed but as he was walking towards the door I stopped him.

"Hang on!"
"Yes?" He asked as he turned on his heel to face me again.
"Did you just quote beauty and the beast?" I asked him. "You know? 'You will join me for dinner, that's not a request'"

He furrowed his eyebrows and then shrugged. "I suppose I did yeah." He said. I just laughed and shook my head after that. "I'll see you at 6." I said again and he nodded.

"See you at 6." He said after that before leaving and getting back in his car, my eyes fixed on it until the car was completely out of sight.