Chapter 2 - It's H

Chapter 2 - 'It's H'

"So then miss Riley, where is it you live?" He spoke as I clicked my seatbelt on. He turned on the sat nav ready to punch in my address so he could get directions to it from the digital screen.

"Don't you think I should at least get to know your name before I go giving you my home address?" I asked and glanced over at him. How stupid was it of me that I didn't even ask his name before agreeing to let him drive me home, I mentally face palmed as I thought to myself.

"My name? That's not really all that important to be quite honest." He shrugged. "Now your address?" He pressed again and I furrowed my brows a little confused.

"Not that important?" I asked and laughed slightly as I cocked a brow at him. "I'm sorry, but I just agreed to let you drive me home and I barley met you 10 minutes ago. Now forgive me if this offends you but I find it slightly odd that your name isn't important." I said as I looked over.

"Look love, I'm giving you a lift home, not taking you out on a date to get to know each other. I don't think my life is really relevant to you, is it?" He said, with a sort of snappiness in his tone which shocked me a little.

"Right. Whatever." I said after that and then I stayed quiet.
"Hello? Your address?" He said after that and I glanced back up at him.
"Y'know what? Forget it. I think I'll just walk." I said and went to get out of the car but that was when I felt his large hand on my thigh and my eyes grew wide. I wanted to jump out at that point but my body ended up freezing up.

"Wait." He said. "It's late and dark, anything could happen to you. I didn't mean to snap just let me drive you home. Please?" He said after that.

I let out a deep sigh. "Fine." I said as I took hold of his wrist and pushed his hand away. "16 Walton Road.." I told him my address and he nodded putting it into the sat-nav.

I stayed quiet after that as he began to drive me home which would take around 10 minutes. The way he put his hand on my thigh had shocked me quite a bit. I found it slightly inappropriate but I decided not to mention it, I didn't want to cause an argument with this stranger. After all, he seemed as though he snapped pretty quickly and I really didn't want to find out what he might be capable of when he was angry at someone. Especially since I was now locked in his car and didn't have a clue about who he was.

"So Riley? What's it like working at the petrol station then?" He asked.

"You mean the gas station?"
"Yeah, sorry. Different words in the uk." He chuckled and shrugged.

I nodded. "Not too bad I guess, to be honest I'm only working there because I want to save up enough money to go travelling." I said.
"Travelling huh? That sounds cool." He said keeping his eyes on the road.
"Well it seems like you've done some yourself, I mean what brings you to the US?" I asked.

He let out a sigh before shrugging. "Again, another unimportant question." He said.

It was a little strange that he wasn't willing to tell me much about him at all. In fact, he wouldn't tell me anything, yet he was playing 20 questions with me and I was handing him all the answers on a plate.

"Why are you so eager to ask all the questions but you wont answer any of mine?" I asked after that.

"Because yours are boring." He shrugged seeming to have an answer for everything I said apart from the bits I actually wanted to know.

I rolled my eyes at that and I stayed quiet as I looked out the window watching the road as we drove by.

"So then, when are you next back at work?" He asked. "Got the weekend off?"
I nodded. "Yep. Then back to work 9-5 on Monday." I said and shrugged as he simply nodded his head.

Eventually we got to my place and he pulled up outside as the sat-nav told us 'you have now reached your destination'

"Well, whatever your name is, thank you for the ride." I said as I grabbed my small bag that I had put down at my feet and got ready to get out of the car. "Enjoy your chips and chocolate bar." I laughed slightly as he rolled his eyes since I wouldn't let him have the alcohol.

I opened the car door after taking off my belt. As I went to step outside I heard him say something.

"What was that?" I asked and turned to look at him.
"H." He said simply. "You asked for my name before, it's H." He said and I raised an eyebrow.
"H?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"That's a little weird isn't it?" I asked and he sighed deeply rolling his eyes.
"Look you asked for my name and I'm telling you, now you want to criticise it?" He asked.
"No. No not at all." I shook my head. "It's just a little unusual is all." I said.

"Well anyway, thanks again for the ride H." I said and nodded.
"You're welcome." He said and nodded good bye.

I got out after that and shut the door behind me. I did a quick little jog to my front door to avoid getting too wet in the rain that was coming down pretty hard.
I unlocked my door and headed inside and that was when I heard the car speed off.

'Well that was all a little weird but at least I got a ride home safely' I thought to myself before heading through to the kitchen to make myself something quick to eat before heading to bed.