Evocative Images: A Wattpad Poll

Welcome back to another installment of "A Wattpad Poll."

Last month we asked writers if they preferred reading a horror novel, or watching a horror film, and because of the responses we received we decided to have another go at a new poll idea. This zine is all about promoting the best horror Wattpad has to offer, after all. So why not get the opinions from some of the talented writers that are willing to respond?

This month's Question: What is the most evocative image from a horror novel that sticks out in your mind?

Here are some of the responses:

"Oddly enough, mine was from [Steven] King's Gunslinger too. The opening line, "Gunslinger sat on the shore"... not perhaps a horrific image but just one that stuck with me."

-TheOrangutan

"Star Wars Death Troopers. That image and sound of the zombie cawing its way eat the escape pod hatch, not to mention the meeting with the cannibals."

-TheRobot

"I remember with my old mind, a time which was quite late, in which I read - the title I did forget - a story by H.P. Lovecraft, which ended in the, quite unsettling, situation of unearthing a creature which was the cause of all the terror in that story. 'Twas late and I was drunk, so I was quite horrified by that."

-JohnHStyles

"It would have to be a scene from Steven King's "Salems Lot." The image of a young vampire child waiting outside your window every night, begging to be let in is so haunting and sad."

-Anahlynn

The impact a novel can have on us is a wonderful thing, So D_D fans... what image stuck out most in YOUR mind?

Until next time.... Happy horror reading.

-S.