sequel ch 1

A/N this sequel probably wont be that long (I know its a dare wasn't that long either) but its gonna have fluff! hopefully. There MIGHT be a major plot twist if I feel like adding some excitement later on or if you guys want me too, just comment! are you excited for this like I am? I hope so! and yes, I will keep the sequel on this story just because more people have this on their reading lists (I think) than people following me, and some who aren't following me asked for sequels and I think i'm in their reading lists or library?

Tris's pov

Tobias had called me after a long and tiring day of work, telling me to hurry up and get home before it started to get dark. Being the overprotective husband he was, he always tried to make sure I was in the comfort and safety of his arms before Natalie had to go to bed. Speaking of Natalie, she was Tobias and I's three year old daughter. Her and Tobias have been the best thing in my life since... the incident. When I was in high school all those years ago, my parents went on a business trip during christmas and I was left alone with Caleb and my friends. I thought that was bad because my friends and I weren't really on best terms, but luckily, it got better, we got together again. But then I was in college and my parents had to go on a business trip again, it was around christmas time and Tobias had just had proposed to me a week before and I was happy, but I wasn't lucky. On their flight to France, there was a bad storm and their plane crashed. And they died. Caleb, who was at a different college, didn't return any of my calls or texts until I sent a wedding invitation. I talked to him about them that day, and lets just say it wasn't pretty. But despite how Caleb and I aren't close anymore, he still visits us from time to time to see his niece or to check up on me.

Today makes it exactly three years since their death. I went to the sanctuary this morning before I went to work, explained to them what was going on since they passed, how Natalie has been doing and stuff. They didn't even get to see her. My mom, I knew how much she would've loved Natalie and it hurt to know she wouldn't be there to see her birthdays and baby-sit her when Tobias and I went on dates or something. My father would've took her to the park, to hotels, he would show her his work and she would be interested. I tried explaining to her about them but she never understood, she was smart for her age, she could sometimes say sentences without messing up, even do simple math problems, but whenever I tried to tell her about it she would just look at me with a confused look and shake her head.

I sighed as I pulled into the snow covered driveway of our house. I was too tired and too much in a sad mood to notice Tobias and Natalie sitting in the snow laughing until he called out to me. The ends of my lips curled upward when I saw the cute sight. Tobias had Natalie tucked warmly in his arms, he was tickling her and she was laughing. "Dadda! daddy s-stop!" she managed to get out between fits of giggles. Just the sound of her happy voice made my mood almost instantly change. When she spotted me she gasped "Momma!" she got off of Tobias and I smiled and bent down to hug her. I was only 24, but I hadn't worked out in such a long time that my legs ached whenever I had to bend down. I wasn't much bigger but it hurt to do some things.

Tobias laughed and got up, grabbing Natalie lightly and carried her. "Why don't we show your mom what we did while she was gone?" he whispered. She giggled and nodded.

"What did you guys do this time?" I sighed. Last time I left Tobias alone with her, they accidentally left our dog Leven out when they went to get ice cream. Leven ran all the way down the street and I found her in a puddle of mud on the side of the road.

"Nothing" He said. I stared at him and he smiled even wider. "Fine. But it's nothing bad, I promise" he put the other hand he wasn't using to hold Natalie on the small of my back and led me to the backyard, halfway there he told me to close my eyes. He's lucky I trusted him enough to let him lead me on snow. I felt his hand leave my back and his footsteps, then I felt the comfort of his hand on my back again. He leaned down and whispered in my ear "Open your eyes."

When I opened my eyes I almost died of happiness. Natalie was standing on her own with a big shovel, and in front of her was a big heart carved in the snow. I smiled widely, and forgot about all the grief that I has today. She stared at me with her bright blue eyes, her dark hair getting in her eyes as she spoke. "I love you!" She yelled. I laughed and picked her up.

"I love you too!"

"Nu uh! I love you more than daddy loves you!" she grinned.

I felt strong arms envelop me from behind. "I don't think so hon" Tobias said pressing his finger to her small nose. She giggled, and in this moment, I totally forgot about what a sad day today was supposed to be and let the happiness take over.

a/n I hope you like it, i'll try to post again soon! So I looked back at the first chapter and saw how bad my writing was lel. The snow part was inspired by this vine I saw that idea is to someone else