He got on top of me and then said, "I love you so much. And don't worry, no one will ever take you away from me." 

I shudder in disgust as he kisses my neck. "Please, please, please let me go Xavier. I hate you."

"You don't mean that. You love me... yeah, you love me." He replies, more to himself than to me. 

He looks at me with black eyes. "Tell me you love me," he says. I just sit quiet, glaring at him. 

 "TELL ME YOU LOVE ME!" He shouts this time. 

"I LOVE MASON!" I yell back, tears running down my face. 

Suddenly, his face turns void of all expression. He scoffs and says, "You love Mason, yeah? You think he loves you? Well you're wrong. He never loved you, he couldn't even stand to be in the same room as you. He hated your fucking guts." He spits out venomously. 

"No," I reply, shaking my head. "He loves me, I saw the way he looked at me. No one can act that well. He loves me, and I him." 

Xavier releases an animalistic growl, "I'll show you." He mutters and with that he jumps off me and heads towards the door. As the door opens, in steps Mason. 

Our eyes met, mine filled with love and his... something unrecognisable. 

"Mason," I can't help but breathe. His name sounding so familiar on my tongue. 

He says nothing in reply and slowly reaches out behind his back. He pulls out, what looks like a pistol. 

Confusion clouds my features as I try and figure out what's going on. He's going to shoot me? Or Xavier? 

A sharp laughter fills the room along with a slow, paced clap. "And it takes a turn for the worst." Xavier mutters knowingly. "You see, Aubrey, if I can't have you. No one will." He continues. 

And with that, Mason slowly raises the gun and aims for my petite body. 

"I have one question..." I say loudly. 

"Yes?" Xavier replies. 

"For Mason," I continue, looking solely on the man I loved. 

In the corner of my eye, I see Xavier grit his teeth in pure frustration. 

"Did you feel anything for me. Or was it all an act? I mean, all this time. You must have felt something... developed some sort of feelings." I beg, wanting to know exactly how he felt. And in that moment it seemed like it was only Mason and I in the room. Nothing else mattered. 

I see his mouth open and slowly the words came out, "I love you, but not in the way you want. You're right, I did develop feelings. But as a friend. That's all. I don't love you in the way you want me too. I don't want it to end like this. But I have no other choice. This is how it has to end. You understand that, right? There is no other way." He reasons, his voice soft. And I knew he was telling the truth. He doesn't love me. 

"But you felt something..." I reply. "I understand, you have to kill me. You like me... but you love him more." 

 He gives a small nod. "Xavier's my best friend. This is how it was planned to be. I'm truly sorry..."

I shakily nod my head un understanding. "If things were different, I think in the end, you would have stayed with me, out of obligation... or maybe comfort. I was safe to you, and you needed to feel that. I know how scared you get of the unknown. To you... I must be some kind of a security blanket. I don't want to be there, simply because the idea of me being gone is too... scary. I want to be someone's everything. I want fire and passion, and love that's returned, equally. I want to be someone's heart... Even if it means breaking my own. And I understand now that you can't give me that, and Xavier most definitely can't. So if you're going to kill me then kill me. I have nothing else to say." I say, my voice full of sorrow. 

And then, a gun shot pierced the air and my lifeless body fell to the ground. My final breath, pushing through my lips and my heart pumped its last.

The last thing I saw before I died? 

Mason's face... And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. 

___________________________

It's finished!!!! I'm actually crying

WHO EXPECTED THAT?? 

Comment if you did. 

I can't believe it's finally finished. Thanks to everyone who stuck with me and read it to the end. 

I love you all..

Keep your eyes peeled for my next book! You'll love it if you liked this. It's written much better too, so... yeah. 

KEEP ON SMILING MY BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING READERS. 

And pssst, my next book is called 'The Edge Of Never' and trust me, you won't regret reading it. 

Stay strong 😘

Love, AllyPierce0.