1

"High open space, exposed structural elements. Obviously aimed at first time visitors, to create feelings of smallness, inadequacy. " Reed Richards said.

"It's working all right, I'm feeling small already. " Said Natalie Grimm, a slim girl with brown, wavy shoulder length hair and blue eyes.

Natalie's big brother Ben Grimm replied " Reed, what are we doing here? This guy's fast-food, strip-mall science--"

"Victor's not that bad, he's just larger than life "Reed interrupts Ben.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"In six weeks another cloud with the same elemental profile will pass Earth's orbit. A study in space could advance our knowledge about the structure of the human genome, and help cure countless diseases, extend human life -- "Reed started describing his proposal before Doom interrupted.

"Turn it off. Please. "Doom said.

"Let him finish." Natalie demanded.

Reed put up a hand saying he was ok and Ben put a hand on Natalie's shoulder. Doom looked towards the Grimm's and looked back at Reed and handed him the magazine WIRED with Reed on the front of the picture with RICHARD'S BANKRUPTS: GRANT CUTBACKS. Reed looked at it his face going slightly red.

"Imagination, Creativity, Passion. Those were always your trademarks. But dreams don't pay the bills, do they? Same old Reed, the hopeless optimist. Still reaching for the stars, with the world on your back. "Doom said.

"You remember in school we talked about working together." Reed said clicking on his remote switching the hologram to a picture of a ship.

"So it's not my money you want. It's my toys."

"That's my job. To stay a step ahead. To know what other men don't" Doom said continuing his little speech.

"I can't take this." Ben said walking backwards towards the exit.

"You're being a jerk." said Natalie.

"Guys, this is business, just work "Reed said.

"He's right, it's just business " a young voice said, entering in behind Ben and Natalie.
Doom saw her, grinned and said "I think you both know my Director of Genetic Research, Susan Storm.

"Hey Susie " Ben said, giving her a hug.

"Hey! Sue, good to see you again" Natalie said, with a smile on her face and giving her a hug too.

Reed looked at her with longing, shook her hand and said "You're, you've, I mean, how have you been-"

"Never better " Sue said.

Reed turned towards Doom and said " You back this mission, and I'll sign over a fair percentage of any applications or -"

"The number's seventy-five. And it's applications and patents."

"You might as well give him your first born "retorted Ben.

"Ben, the money's important. We might save lives. "Reed said.

"But-" Natalie started before Reed interrupted her saying "Don't, Like I said this is important. You have a deal. "

Doom put his hand out and Reed hesitantly put his hand in Doom's and shook.

-----------------------------------------------------

Reed, Natalie, and Ben went into the elevator and the door was about to close when Sue hopped in before it fully closed.

"When do we leave?" Ben asked.

"I'll schedule the launch. Call me in the morning to talk about resources and crew." Sue said, offering Reed her business card.

"I, uh, think I remember the number "Reed said.

"It's been changed "Said Sue.

Both Ben and Natalie looked at each other and Natalie whispered "Ouch"

Reed cleared his throat before saying "As far as crew, I was hoping Ben could pilot the mission -"

Sue interrupted "Well, he's welcome to ride shotgun, but we already have a pilot on our payroll." "You remember my brother Johnny."

"No way! You have got to be kidding! "Natalie said.

Sue shook her head.