Quite a Common Fairy

Start from the beginning

*

Killian lead everyone towards the place he'd last seen Tinkerbell before he'd left Neverland. He knew that she had a little treehouse close to them, it shouldn't take them too long to get to it if they kept walking.

"Emma," Regina called to Emma as they stayed at the back of the group. Killian hated that he had to stop and wait for another argument to be over. "There is another way,"

"Is there?"

"Magic,"

"Didn't we just go through this?" Emma asked, tired of this after all she just wanted to get back to her son.

"I'm not talking about my magic, I'm talking about ours."

"I'm not interested, one thing I've learned is," Emma said not understanding how, she could want to risk Henry's life like this, "It always comes with a price."

"Sometimes not using it comes with a price too, I bet you and I combined are strong enough to overpower Pan."

"What if we're not," Emma said trying to make her see that it wasn't worth the risk, "I'm not taking a chance on that. We're talking about Henry's life, Adelaide's life."

"Believe me, I'm well aware of that."

"Look, I know you don't like this plan. Let's just see it through, at least we can see if we find Tinkerbell,"

"Do you think it's the best plan because guyliner came up with it? Can we really trust him?"

"You're not the only one who wants to get back to the ones you love, love." Killian said glaring at the queen, her eyes softened remembering their conversation yesterday.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried about Henry."

*

Pan had Adelaide and Henry follow him to where he intended to play his game, Adelaide stood behind Henry. She kept her hands on his shoulders in attempt to comfort him, though she knew it did little. They watched as he dipped the arrow into a bottle containing a black liquid that Adelaide recognised straight away.

"What's that?"

"Dreamshade, a nasty poison. I've heard a story about a man who once shot an apple off his son's head with an arrow." Pan said not sugar coating it at all, Adelaide squeezed Henry's shoulder to let him know that he was still safe. Pan then turned as he prepared the cross bow for shooting. "Let's find out if this is possible,"

"If you're shooting the apple what's the poison for?"

"A motivation not to miss, Felix! Get over here!"

"Is Felix good?" Henry asked and Adelaide could hear the fear in her voice. "Is his aim good?"

"Doesn't matter, you're the one doing the shooting," Pan said with a smirk on his face as Felix pulled Adelaide over to the tree, once again she wanted to struggle but found herself unable. Felix pushed her to her knees and started to chain her up so she couldn't move even if Pan let her.

"I don't want to shoot, especially not Adelaide."

"Shoot. Shoot. Shoot."

"You won't hit her, trust yourself," Pan said, you could hear the smirk in his face as Felix placed an apple on Adelaide's head. "It's exhilarating."

"Shoot. Shoot. Shoot."

"It's all right Henry, you won't hurt me."

"Shoot. Shoot. Shoot." The boys shouted, as Henry started to aim at the apple on Adelaide's head. She shut he eyes, she wasn't scared that he would hit her – she was scared of what it would do it him. Then she opened her eyes just in time to see the arrow turning in Pan's direction but Pan of course caught it. Adelaide couldn't stop the sigh of relief that escaped her lips.