The Doctor

Killian waited underneath a stack of bodies, knowing that sooner or later (he prayed that it would be sooner) Snow White and the others would return. He knew he had to deceive them, he could almost hear Adelaide's voice in his head disapproving of the plan. He then heard voices and went straight into action.

"Hey, hey look!" Emma Swan shouted as she saw Killian's hand moving from underneath the pile of bodies.

"There's someone under there," Princess Aurora shouted trying to get the person out from underneath as Mulan rushed to her side. "He's alive."

"Please,"

"It's okay,"

"Please help me," He begged, acting weak – he'd never been stronger even if he didn't have his hook in place. Either way, he tried to never show his weakness. In front of his crew or his enemies, there was only one person who had seen him truly weak.

"It's okay, you're safe now." Killian recognised this as Snow White instantly, after all she was in everyone of Cora's stories. "We won't hurt you."

"Thank you... thank you."

                                                                                                   *

The Jolly Roger rocked as it stayed docked in the bay. The crew had gone off to the tavern. Usually Adelaide went with them into town however this time she'd decided to stay on the ship. Killian had tried to insist that he stay on the ship with her but she wouldn't let him, so instead he forced one of his crew to stay. He'd made his threat very clear that if he dared to enter chambers he would be facing the Captain. Adelaide heard the crew return to the ship so she left her chambers to greet them. They were loudly singing out of tune, as they often did when they'd had too much to drink. Adelaide smiled until she saw the state of the Captain. It wasn't the first time that he'd come back in a state, after all tavern brawls were a very common thing especially when pirates visited. People seemed to take out their grieves and problems on the pirates.

"Killian," She scolded as he turned and smiled at her, but she could see the pain in his eyes.

"Love, love you should have been there tonight. There's was this man, twice the size of me and I took him down in one foul swoop."

"I'm sure you did, now come with me," Adelaide said pulling him down into her chambers, the crew cheered thinking that he was about to get into luck but he wasn't. She sat Killian down on her bed and got out her supplies.

"It's not that bad love, you should see the other guy."

"I have no doubt that he's in worse shape than you, but I don't care about him. I care about you, and one day you're really going to hurt yourself." She said as she held a cloth to the cut on the side of his handsomely charming face, as he winced. She mumbled a sorry as he did.

"I promise that you'll never lose me, not even to my own stupidity."

"Good, now this is going to hurt."

"Nothing hurts Captain Jones," Killian insisted as Adelaide got out the alcohol.

"Is that quite so?"

"Aye," Killian said bravely but the second she put the alcohol on his wound he let out a yell, "Bloody hell,"

"I did warn you," Adelaide said as she continued, she kissed his wound. She continued doing so until she was done. "All done,"