A Spark: Part 13

PAMA was wrong. Cassie Rose had no words for him. Only a threatening death glare and a diamond axe ready to cut through his stomach.

Lukas tried talking to Cassie, but she wouldn't answer. She would only bang her axe on the iron bars so hard that he'd be forced to shut up.

He sat in silence, trying not to feel guilty and miserable, which was terribly hard. He wasn't there for his friends, he wasn't there for Jesse, when they needed him most.

But he didn't have time to sit down and do nothing. He had to escape. He had to make up for what he did, especially for Jesse. Notch, how would she react when she saw him? She probably thought...he shook his head. He would find out soon enough.

Lukas thought. The cage he was in had obsidian as the floor and ceiling, and iron bars as the sides with no door.
So how to get out?

Cassie. He glanced at her. She was leaning on the cage, back facing him, silent but deadly.

How could he get her to talk?

He thought for a moment, and then realized.

"I can help you get Winslow." He said to her, hoping she wouldn't get even more angry.

He remembered Jesse giving Winslow to Cassie after she was stuck down in the ditch near the portal.

Cassie flinched, hesitated, and then turned to face him.

"What did you say blonde?" She snapped, but he could tell there was a little fear in her voice.

"I can get you your cat." He said again.

"Don't toy with me Lukas," she growled. "You just want-"

"I'm serious." He said tiredly. "If you let me out, I'll get you Winslow."

She finally looked him in the eye, gripping her axe tightly.

"Don't you want this to end? Don't you want freedom from all this? Don't you care for your pe-friend?" He asked.

Cassie looked away from him, deciding, thinking.

"You get me Winslow, or I'm going to kick your ass." She said firmly.

Relief flooded inside him. "Got it?"

Lukas nodded.

"Thank you,"

"Don't thank me yet," she said, taking her axe, and slamming it a few times against the bars until the cracked and broke.

Lukas sighed with relief, stepping out of the cage and looking back at her as she put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Lukas," she whispered as his eyes widened. "Promise me you'll do your best to end this."

"Of course Cassie." He replied, nodding. "I'll try my best."

She gave him a sad smile.

"Your inventory is in that chest over there," she pointed. "And Winslow is the room with the portal. Just let him out and I'll go get him. Then I distract them while you go to the rest of your friends and stop this hell-bringer."

"But you'll be caught Cassie. If you distract them they'll get you. They'll chip you, control you-" Lukas said, not wanting her to get chipped.

She may have been a bad person once, but she changed. Lukas could feel it. He didn't want her to get chipped because of him.

"Lukas." She said firmly. "Just do it. There'll be nothing left in this world if PAMA takes over. You need to go."

She looked as if she were about to cry. He wrapped his arms around her in a hug. She stiffened, and then patted him on the back awkwardly. They let go.

"If this is going to be my last moment, I want to spend it with Winslow, and maybe...maybe I can redeem myself for the things I did. I know it isn't enough, but it's a start."

"I promise, once this is all over, you and Winslow can start a new life."

She smiled.

"I hope so. But for now, lets kick some butt."

🌟Thx for 400 reads🌟

School started so it's taking all my time 😬
Will try to update as much as possible tho 👍