04 | caring

c h a p t e r
0 4

c a r i n g

   "I just can't leave like that." Derek tried to control his emotions but it was difficult. "I don't want to leave you like that because yes, I do care about you and you can't imagine how much I was worried about you when you fainted. I can't imagine my life without you, Stiles."

   "Stop that! Stop! Stop! St-" Derek runs to Stiles and hold Stiles' arms with his own so he couldn't move. Stiles tried to free himself but then stopped when he knew it was a waste of time. Derek turned Stiles' face in front of his, he then placed his thumbs on each side of Stiles' cheeks to remove his tears.

   Stiles was now okay, Derek could smell a bit of anger still but mostly sadness.

   Derek stared a long time at Stiles before saying "You wanna talk about it?" Stiles was starring at a invisible point in his own room. Stiles lifted his head up at Derek, his eyes was still watering. "I--I'm sorry," he simply said.

   Derek placed his left hand on the back of Stiles' head and drove it in his left shoulder and hugged him tight. A moment later Stiles was no more smelling anger, he was smelling happiness. That made Derek felt better but he was still worried because he could also smell sadness around Stiles. Derek wanted to ask again if he wanted to talk about why he was sad, but Stiles started to talk with a trembling voice.

   "I've never told anyone." Derek could see it was difficult for him to say those words.

   "You don't have to talk about it, if you don't want to." Stiles stopped stared at his own feet to look Derek right in the eyes.

   "I--I just couldn't go to the funeral." Stiles sobs.
"Of my...uhm... mother." Derek understand why Stiles was so upset it was a bit similar with his own story. "She was my mum, I loved her. but I--I couldn't say goodbye." Derek lifted Stiles' chin.

   "But you have now?" Derek tried to be as nice as he could because he couldn't have said goodbye to his family. Derek knows that John, Stiles' dad, was going to see her grave at least once a month.

   "I don't believe it's possible" Stiles sniffs. "Death doesn't let you say goodbye." Derek could practically feel Stiles emotions with those words, it was hurting him. "It just... craves holes in your life... in your future... in your heart."

   Derek was totally speechless and didn't know what to say other than a soft mutters "I'm sorry." Derek could see Stiles was confused by the face he was making. "It's all my fault... I should not have asked you to help me." Stiles wanted to interrupt Derek but he didn't got the time to. "But... I could trust you, Stiles, with my own life." Those words made Stiles grin.

   "But-- But why me, Derek?"

   "Because we have saved each other life." Derek was now smiling. "More than once." They ended up by both laughing.

   "Now you should eat or it's gonna be cold." Derek said. Stiles tried to contradict with him because he wasn't feeling hungry. Derek then stopped him with a hand in the air and simply said. "Don't force me to make you eat." Stiles then get up to get the tray and said "I hate you" in a murmur forgetting Derek's wolf powers. After putting ketchup in the pasta that Derek gave him he started to eat.

   Derek watched him and couldn't help but laugh at Stiles because at the first bite Stiles couldn't stop eating. He wasn't even breathing. "Hey, easy there, I don't want you to faint... again." Stiles smiled at Derek, after the last bite.

   Derek returned the smile and watched Stiles lips to see a bit of ketchup was left on the corner of his upper lips. He then took his thumb to wiped the liquid away. Stiles did nothing but smile, to close his eyes and stretch his whole body and yawn.

   "I know it's only the afternoon but I think you should get some rest. You look tired." Derek said while watching Stiles rolling his eyes. "I'm not tired, big guy." Derek crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Stiles.

   Stiles nodded and then took his socks off and actual pants too. Derek was really embarrassed and tried to leave but Stiles grabbed him by his right wrist.

   "I don't like being alone since my dad is never at home because he always as a case and I just don't know how to ask you that but that would be really nice from you if you--" Derek stopped him with his left hand.

   "You talk too much. You want me to stay?" Stiles approved and Derek rolled his eyes to reply, "I will."

   Stiles smiled as he jumped on the bed and put the blankets over him. Derek took his desk chair and approached it next to the bed.

   Stiles stared a bit at Derek to watch and loose himself in Derek's blue, brown & green eyes. He thanked him and closed his eyes to fall in a deep sleep. Derek took his hand to Stiles' forehead and whispered.

   "I love you, Stiles."