Oh boy...even if he knew Leo and Josanna were meant for each other as mates, his Beta was going to have a hard time convincing her with that strength of anger. He wondered what his Beta had done to upset her so much, when he rounded the corner at the bottom of the stairs and heard it.

"I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, Josie." Katarina's warm voice soothed.

Milo could imagine her looking concerned and comforting. God, he missed her.

"He did. I know he did. He's just the Beta...the stupid, idiot of a man." Josanna argued back with heat.

Milo figured it might take more than words to calm her anger. He kept walking towards the back of the house, to the kitchen, listening as he went.

"I swear if he insulted you one more time, I was going to go tell the Alpha." She claimed, as if proud of herself for thinking that far ahead.

Milo's frown crinkled his brow again, as he wondered what his stupid Beta had said against Katarina now.

Again, Katarina's soft voice seemed to iron out any anger in the room. Milo could feel her calming presence from behind the door.

"Don't say that, Josie. You don't know Milo like I do. You don't know how he would take it." He smiled at that scolding, given from sister to sister. Katarina was right. He wouldn't take that news very lightly. He decided it was the perfect time for his entrance.

"About as well as I take waking up and finding my mate gone." He replied casually as he walked into the room.

Josanna giggled and blushed, though he didn't know why or care. Katarina, on the other hand, looked defiant.

"And if I remember correctly, my little wolf told me to protect her at all costs...even from herself. So I'm going to have to insist, as your Alpha, that you come back to bed." He said, adamant that he would have his way.

Her defiance softened in the wake of his words and he smiled as his sense of her heightened. She really wanted to trust him and do as he asked. But there was also something else...a little fear, maybe...that kept her from making her way across the room towards him.

"You shared a bed together?" Josanna asked in disbelief.

Since Milo knew she was just shocked and not yet angry, he decided to grace her question with an answer. Even if he didn't want to. "That is none of your business, Josie. What is your business, is the panic rising in my Beta. Go tell him you are his mate and have it over with." He suggested a course of action as gently as he could. And he wasn't at all surprised that Josanna stood there, gaping at him like a fish, her mouth opening and closing with little noises of protest.

"Milo. Josanna is not Leo's mate." Katarina's words caught the attention of the whole room.

Milo and Josanna turned to stare at her curiously. But there was no mistaking it. His little wolf looked deadly serious. That was interesting. And a little worrying.

"Of course she is." He argued lightly, pretty sure that his senses had never failed him yet.

"No, she's not."

"What do you mean I'm not?" Josanna burst into the discussion suddenly.

Milo had to concentrate hard to ignore the anger he felt in her. She thought Katarina was trying to stop her from taking a powerful mate, but if his mate was right and Leo and Josanna were not destined to be mated, then what was he feeling from them both?

"Yes, little wolf, what do you mean?" He wondered.

Katarina sighed and brushed her hand through her loose hair, as if she hated having to be the one to reveal the truth.