Turn 20- Why?

They were both prepared for the fight. A side, Tsubasa has a sinister grin on her face, while Hiraku is more determined than usual. "Stand up, my Vanguard!" "Adult-like Mage, Hayato (5000)!" "Shining Knight, Ellis (5000)!"

(Cue opening)

"I will start." Tsubasa declared.  "Draw. I will ride Fun-loving Kitsune, Selkie (7000) while Hayato moves to the back. I end." "Draw. I ride Voice of Naga, Tiki (7000) and move back Ellis! Supported by Ellis, Tiki attacks the Vanguard for 12000!" "No guard." "Drive Check: (Graceful Dancer, Olivia, stand). Power to my Vanguard and I stand up Ellis (12000--->17000)." "Damage Check: (Cheerful Supporter, Elise)." When she placed the card into the damage zone, she was shocked. She barely felt it but this caught Hiraku off-guard. "Why did you get shocked?" She fixed her hair before explaining. "You see, if you receive damage in the game, you actually feel that damage. But if you get a trigger, then you're safe for that moment." "I-I see. Turn end."

Hand: 5-6
Damage: 1-0
OXO  OXO
OXO  OXO

"Draw. I ride Sharp Eye Archer, Takumi (9000)! Supported by Hayato, Takumi attacks your Vanguard (14000)!" "No guard." "Drive Check: (Hoshido Fates Dragon, Kana)." "Damage check: (User of Dark Arts, Tharja). Nothing." When he placed the card into the damage zone, he received the same treatment as Tsubasa. "GAHH!" He stumbled back but quickly recovered. "How can you be used to that?" "Tough skin I guess. I end." "Stand and draw. I ride Knight of Blazing Spirit (10000)! Supported by Ellis, Blazing Spirit attacks the Vanguard (15000)!" "No guard." "Drive Check: (Future Dracokid, critical). All effects to my Vanguard (15000-->20000/ 1->2)!" "Damage Check: (Fates Changing Princess, Kamui)." She was shocked once again. "Turn end."

Hand: 6-7
Damage: 2-1
OXO  OXO
OXO  OXO

"Stand and draw. The path that leads us to our destiny can be changed! Let's prove it to them! I ride my avatar, Fates Changing Princess, Kamui (11000)! Supported by Hayato, Kamui attacks the Vanguard (16000)!" "No guard." "Twin Drive: (Pegasus Knight Princess, Hinoka) (Sharp Eye Archer, Takumi)." "Damage Check: (User of Dark Arts, Tharja)." He was shocked but he felt something different. "I'm feeling pain but, I'm also getting excited?" He thought. "I want to get her back but I'm not thinking it about it..." Tsubasa took note of his confliction. "How does it feel Hira?" "What?" "This rush, this intensity! You feel it, I know you do." "Maybe..." He shook his head violently. "No, I do not!" She approached him and held his face. "It's okay Hira. Trust me, I understand how you feel." She said sweetly. "You just want to experience the true excitement of this game." She then embraced him. "Now let that emotion run free. Don't hold back, your true self." The way how the words flowed from her, confused him even more. "My true...my true self..." She released him and went back to her spot. "I will end. Now show me, your true power Hira." Hiraku drew his card, took a deep breath, then smirked. "Sure, why not."

"You came from a dark future to defend the past. Now let me aid you on your journey! I ride my avatar, Radiant Future Hero, Lucina (11000)! I will use her skill! Counterblast 2 and superior call Knight of Joy, Nero (7000)! Stride the Generation! Master Swordsman of the Plains, Lyn (26000)! Lyn's skill! I can superior call a grade 2 or lower unit from the deck or the drop zone. I will superior call Wyven Lover, Cherche (9000) from my deck! Ellis' skill activates! I place him in the damage zone and superior call Tharja from the damage zone and she gain 3000 power (9000-->12000)! Now Tharja's skill will activate! I will soulblast 1 to superior call Tiki from the drop zone!" "Yes, this is it! Now go ahead and begin Hira!" "Right! Tharja will attack your Vanguard." "Damage Check: (Seductive Barbarian, Charlotte, critical). All effects the Vanguard (11000-->16000/1->2)." She wasn't shocked since she gains a trigger. "Supported by Lissa, Lyn attacks the Vanguard! Skill activate! Lissa is first. Since I'm supporting a unit with Lucina in the name, 5000 power is added (33000-->38000)! Then Lyn's skill will activate! I will counterblast 1 to gain 2000 power for every grade 2 or lower rear-guards (38000-->48000)!" "I will soulblast 1 and nullify that will Loyal Frost Maid, Flora." She said calmly. "Triple Drive: (Wyvern Lover, Cheche) (Radiant Future Hero, Lucina) (Graceful Dancer, Olivia, stand). All effects to Tharja (12000-->17000)! Then she will attack!" "No guard, damage check: (Hoshido Fates Dragon, Kana)." She was shocked but once again, it was not effective. For Hiraku on the other hand, it was not the shocking that was getting to him, it was the fight itself. 

"This feeling...this feeling is exciting..." "Supported by Nero, Cherche will attack the Vanguard (16000)! Cherche's effect activates! I will counterblast 1 to superior call Lucina! Nero's skill! Since she supported a grade 2 or lower unit, I can countercharge 1." Once again, she didn't guard. "Damage Check: (Pegasus Knight Princess, Hinoka)." She was shocked and this time, she felt something. "Now supported by Tiki, Lucina attacks your Vanguard (18000)!" As he turned the card sideways, Lucina didn't move. "Lucina attacks!" He declared but she didn't move. "Lucina!" She turned to face him but he did not expect what he saw. "Why are crying?" She stood there and pointed her sword at him. "Why are you fighting like this my Vanguard? You do not act like this at all!" Hiraku shook his head. "I'm fighting because-" He doesn't know what he is doing at this point. He is feeling different emotions at once. Determination, excitement, confliction. He looked at Lucina than Tsubasa. "I will end."

Hand: 7-9
Damage: 5-2
Counterblast: 0-1
OXO  XXX
OXO  XXX

Tsubasa sighed. "You came so close Hira. Your true self was right there." She demonstrated by using her fingers. "But alas, you're not ready for that." "Not ready?" "Nope. But since you tried so hard, I'll treat you. Stand and draw. Stride Generation! Iron-willed Paladin, Xander (26000)! Stride skill! I can superior call two grade 2 or lower units from my deck. I will call out 2 Malig Knight Princess, Camilla (9000)! I will use Hayato's skill! He goes into the soul and I can superior call Selkie from the drop zone and she gains 3000 power (7000-->10000)! I will call Kana and then use her skill! She will go into the damage zone and switch with Elise (7000)! Elise gain 3000 power (7000-->10000)! I will call out One that Knows All Diviner, Orochi (5000). I will place her into the soul to give my left hand Camilla 3000 power (9000-->12000)! Now Camilla will attack! Her skill will activate! Not only she gains 3000 power but if I soulblast 1, I can draw (12000-->15000)!" "I will guard with Nowi (16000)!" "Supported by Selkie, Camilla will attack! Same skills will activate (19000-->22000)! Then Selkie's skill! Soulcharge 1!" "Olivia, Blazing Spirit will guard while Cherche intercepts (31000)!" She smirked. "You fell for it." "What?" "Supported by Elise, Xander attacks your Vanguard! Skill activate! Elise gives Xander plus 5000 (36000-->41000)! Then I will counterblast 1 and soulblast 2! You can not guard with grade 1 or lower since I have the same amount or more rear-guards and hand cards than you!" She declared. He couldn't do anything. "No guard..." "Triple Drive!" She revealed the top three cards and it was a devasting sight. "Oh my, three critical triggers. All effects to my Vanguard! You need one heal trigger to survive, can you do it?" After a deep breath, he revealed 4 cards. But nothing. "Why? Why didn't I get a trigger?!" He cried out. "Looks like I win." 

She snapped her fingers and Hiraku received a huge jolt of electricity. "GAAAHHHH!!" When the shocking ended, he immediately collapsed. She walked over to him and held her hand over him. "I hoped something will come out of this." She then felt a sword at the back of her head. "Back away from him Kamui." "Ah, Lucina. Glad you can be here." "Release him from this." "Fine, but not before this." She snapped her fingers and chains wrapped around Lucina. They started to drag her underground. "You were my real target, Lucina. He's not ready for us yet." Lucina grit her teeth as she struggled to be free. Hiraku could barely see, but he could make out something. "Lu...ci...na.." Then everything was black. This was the start of his despair.