Turn 13- Jack's Fierce Sports Adventure

Jack was walking around town, with nothing in mind. He was just letting his legs move him. The place where his legs took him was Card Capital 2. He sighs and walks in. "Maybe something come out of this." When he walks in, "Jack!", a brunette tries to hug him. He swiftly move to the side and crashes into the door. She gets up rubbing her forehead. "Aw, you're no fun." She pouts. He kept going. "Hey there Jack!" A young man with spiky raven hair wearing the CC uniform greets him. "Hey Kamui.'

(Cue opening)

"How's it going with my pupil?" Kamui asks, but Jack shrugs. He tries to start a conversation. "I see you're not letting Natalie near you." As he says that, she tries to sneak up on him but Jack toss a doll of him to her. she catches the doll and cuddles with it. "I need to get one for Nagisa." Jack proceeds the conversation. "I'm still looking for someone, someone that I can fight my fullest with." He says nonchalantly. Kamui looks around the counter and holds up a flyer. "Maybe that person is here." Jack examines the flyer. "Vanguard Sports Day..." Kamui slightly pushes it towards him. "Come on, give it a shot." He takes the flyer while looking at it and sighs. "Fine, I'll do it." "I knew you would come around." Kamui said with a grin. Jack sighs again. "What did I just signed up for?"

The lively event was taking place at the Dragon Empire Branch. Hiraku, Valerie, and Tsubasa was walking around the place, checking out the competition. "I'm not going to lie, but I didn't think this would be a huge event." Hiraku was adjusting his gloves. "It's for some points, people really want points to participate in major tournaments." Tsubasa explains. "Plus it's a nice day out, they picked a great day for this." Valerie adds. An announcement came on. "All participants please come to the field." "Time to get this thing started." Hiraku said while making his way to the stage. "We'll be supporting you!" Valerie and Tsubasa said before shooting a look towards each other. He gives them a thumbs up.

"Welcome all Cardfighters!" A man with green hair and wearing an olive green suit announce. "Today at the Dragon Empire Branch is our Vanguard Sports Day! Instead of our usual cardfights, we'll have a fierce competition with various sporting events." The participants is getting pumped up. "The winner of the tournament wins 5 free tickets to Hawaii!" The fighters let out a roar of excitement. "Now the first round will commence in 5 minutes, so go and prepare yourselves!"

Hiraku was reading a mini map to get to the first event. "Tennis huh? I can deal with that." Since he was pay attention to his map instead of what's in front of him, he bumps into someone. "My bad, I was looking at my-" But to his surprise, it was Jack that he bumped into. They glare at each other before heading towards the court. No words was exchanged but one thought was going through their minds, "I must win!"

And so the tournament was underway with the first round being tennis. "Take this!" The boy Hiraku was facing declares. "Not today!" He returns with a powerful smash, winning him the game. "Alright!" Hiraku pumps his fist but looks at the giant screen. Jack already have 5 wins. "Dang it..." The next round was basketball (half-court). The ball was past to Hiraku and he starts to dribble down the court. He manages to pass the other team and shoot the winning shot. "Oh yeah!" Jack grits his teeth as he kept getting blocked by taller guys. Throughout the day, Hiraku and Jack was going back and forth. From track & field to cycling. These two was not letting up. "Now, ladies and gentlemen, it's our final round!" Mamoru declares. The two boys glance at each other before paying attention to Mamoru. "The final round will be dodgeball!" An uproar came from the participates. "Each player has been put on teams which will be displayed now." As he says that, the teams was posted on the board behind him. Hiraku and Jack was placed on separate teams. "The final match..."

The players took their places, the boundaries was set, and the balls was in the middle. Valerie and Tsubasa was watching in the stands. "This is about to intense." Valerie says. Tsubasa agrees. The players was ready, especially Jack and Hiraku. Mamoru raises his hand. "Stand Up, Vanguard!" Both sides charges towards the center. Some players was already out. Jack made his target Hiraku. He was throwing the balls towards him but Hiraku was dodging. Those throws was not a complete miss. It was hitting the other players. Hiraku manages to get a ball and deflect some of Jack's throws. Even though they was not hitting each other, most of the players was out due to the two. As they was preparing to strike, one player on each side was attempting to get them out. The two noticed and switch targets at the last minute getting the others out. It was just down to two. They stop for a moment and glare at each other. What comes next shocks the crowd. They both line up the balls in the center and backs away. They get into their positions and silence falls in the arena.

After a silent of three, the two quickly charges towards the center. Jack grabs a ball first and threw it towards Hiraku. But he quickly counters by throwing a ball upwards blocking the throw. Hiraku goes on the offensive and throw two balls back at Jack. He dodges by lying on the ground. While on the ground, he throws one low, but Hiraku jumps over it. After some back and forth, they both was out of breath. They knew that it all comes down to one last throw. They grab the nearest ball and charge at each other. As they was charging, they have one thought in mind, "I will WIN!" The center was drawing near as the boys prepare to the ball. They was putting all they have into the throw. "JACK!" "HIRAKU!"

Silence drew upon the crowd once again. The balls was in both of their faces. It dropped and they both fell back. Mamoru hesitates for a bit. "I-it's over! The match results in a draw!" As the crowd was cheering, Jack and Hiraku was transported to Cray. They was still lying down in a beautiful field where a gentle breeze was blowing. "That was one way to go out." Hiraku says. "Yeah." "You know, before that fight we had I didn't know who you was. But now I feel like I have to beat you." "That's Vanguard for you." Jack says in a low tone. Hiraku sits up, Jack follows suit. "Guess this makes up rivals?" He pumps his fist out. Jack slightly smirks and bumps fists with him. "I guess so."

Today was an eventful day for our young protagonist. He makes his way home as he recall today's events. "And the winner is Jack Thomas!" He smirks, "I'll get him next time." As he enters his house, a young man was the kitchen table organizing his deck. Hiraku was at a loss of words. "Bro?!" He looks up and raise his hand. "Hey there Hira."