Inked (Steve One-shot)

Start from the beginning

"Sam and Nat, go now! Clint, cover them. Y/N and I will hold down the fort here," he yelled.

Sam flew off with Natasha while Clint sprinted through the trees in the direction of the compound. Grasping twin Butterfly Swords in each hand you unsheathed them with a clean dual schink. You positioned yourself back to back with Cap, using the wide blades to deflect oncoming bullets. As HYDRA goons came out of the cover of the trees, you slashed them down with swift movements, flipping and turning without hesitation. Years of martial arts training had taught you how to be the most effective with the least amount of energy expended.

"You alright back there, Cap?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I think we're about done here," he grunted, whacking a thug with his shield.

We're headed back with the intel. Charges are set to go off in 5, said Sam through his ear piece.

Clint then burst through the trees and sprinted for the jet.

"Be ready for takeoff," Steve relayed to the Team.

Just then a HYDRA agent almost slipped past you, headed for Steve's exposed back. You whirled in his direction and sliced downwards with a squirt of blood before the intended knife could enter the Star-Spangled man. With that final blow, it seemed the fight had died down. Steve turned toward you, realizing how close his attempted assassin had been.

"Whew. Thanks for that, Y/N. Although I think you cut it a little too close with that blade. You almost got me."

"What?!? Let me see!"

"It's fine, you only got the uniform."

Looking down you could see a slash in the blue fabric covering the outside of his right thigh midway down, but as the fabric gaped open, you almost thought you saw something else.

"Oh my— is that...?" you exclaimed in shock, eyes wide.

"No," Steve tried to convince you as he covered the torn area with his gloved hand. "I'm fine. Let's get on the jet."

Sam and Nat landed softly and boarded, the Quinjet in the air within 30 seconds. The next few hours Steve busied himself checking the Team for injuries (except you, oddly enough) and going over the information Natasha had acquired before blowing up the compound. Basically he was avoiding you. It hadn't escaped your notice that he had wrapped a bandage around his thigh, though. Either he was lying about not being injured or hiding something.

Once the jet landed in the hanger at the Tower, Steve was the first off, practically sprinting to his room. You casually gathered your gear and weapons and dropped them off in the storage area before heading to your own room for a hot shower. An hour later, you stood outside Steve's door. You could hear the news airing on his tv, so when there was silence after your knock, you weren't fooled.

"Come on, Steve, I know you're in there," you spoke through the door.

He finally opened it, revealing a sheepish smile.

"You're not going to let this go, are you?"

"No way, my good Captain."

He sighed in resignation, allowing you to enter before closing the door and locking it.

Spinning to face him, you raised your eyebrows in expectation.

"Well? Let's see it."

"Oh, come on, Y/N...." he protested.

You plopped yourself on the bed and crossed your arms over your chest.

"I'm not going anywhere."