Chapter 1

Hey everyone! This is my first time writing a book on here. I will try to upload often, but I have been working really hard with school coming up soon! Thank you for choosing this book today, and I hope you enjoy!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Here I am again. Alone. In the woods. Without my pack.

I am a 16 year old girl, with more than one secret. My eyes are a silver blue color to match my hair. My skin is as pale as a porcelain doll. They call me Midnight.

So, you want to know my secrets do you? Well, I did say I have more than one. So why don't I start with craziest one! I am what is called a Shifter. In other areas we are called werewolves. I prefer the term shifter because we are not children of the moon. We harness the spirit and mind of the wolf. Only few have the power to become the wolf. I am one of many that is a Shifter.

Once a Shifter turns 13, they start to harness the powers of the wolf. The hearing, the smell, the sight. As we get older these powers grow stronger. Then, on our 16th birthday as the sun sets in the horizon, we shift. We discover our wolf. From then on, we just have to learn to harness the powers of the wolf. If you absolutely do not want to be who you are there is one way to fix it. You can stun your wolf before you shift for the first time, you can go 10 years without worries. Once a shifter, always a shifter. And that means you can never fully get rid of your wolf.

I happen to be a late shifter. Late shifters are cast out of their clan untill they shift. It is said that clans will always find an outcast when they finally shift. The worst part is I am in line to become alpha. I know I know... A female alpha! Never in a million years right?! Wrong. I will be there first alpha female. Males don't get all the glory for themselves. I mean think about it! Without us, wolves would go extinct without being able to reproduce.

I was walking in the woods on my way to the lake. That's when it happened. I collapsed to the ground as my bones started to crack and repair. I was a beautiful silver wolf with grey blue eyes. I finally shifted 8 days before my 17th birthday! All my senses we're telling me to run. I started off at a jog untill I heard the thud of paws behind me. That's when I full out sprinted. I would have been the fastest in the clan. I spun around to come face to face with an alpha in training.

"What are you doing in my territory?" He growled
"I'm so sorry. I just shifted for the first time and I didn't know this was your territory." I snapped
"Where is your pack???"
"I was cast out for being a late shifter."
"What pack are you from?" He questioned
"Shadow Clan. I am in line to be there next alpha."
A look of pure shock flashed across his face before he whispered
"Midnight?"
I was the one shocked now.
"Midnight! Mother is going to be so happy! It's me Kovu." He exclaimed
"Kovu as in my brother?" I was so shocked I didn't know what to do.
"Yes yes yes! Come on the pack is waiting for you!!!"
"I---I can't Kovu" I murmured slowly backing away.

Kovu tried to grab me but I slashed my paw across his face. He looked at me and hatred flashed across his eyes before he replaced it with pitty. At that moment the slash across his face and the look in his eyes reminded me of my father. That's when I turned and bolted out of there. I didn't look back and I stayed alert. But he didn't follow me.

I didn't know where I would go or what I would have do. But I just kept running untill I could hear the morning birds. As I grabbed a squirrel and gobbled it up, I drifted off to sleep with no idea where I was. For abandoning my pack like that I get the worst punishment of all. A wolf without a pack. I was now a Loner.

 I was now a Loner

Midnights wolf