Pills

Johnny Ghost laid on his couch lazily. He felt sick again, but it wasn't as bad as it normally was. He had the television set to some random cartoon in the background, and a half eaten slice of pizza sat within arm's reach on his coffee table, but even that was too much effort to retrieve.
  Ghost was so bored. He wanted to go back to Johnny Toast's house and apologize for leaving, but he didn't even have the energy to think about getting up. His stomach was in knots and his head hurt like hell, and there wasn't anything he could do about it.
  Well, he could take another pill.
   The more he thought about the pills, the more he realized he hated them more than anything else. They were so large, so blank... so gross. Everyday he was expected to wake up and immediately swallow that shit whole and not question it. Wake up, take pills, ghost hunt, sleep. Repeat. It wasn't necessarily the pill's fault that he life was so repetitive, but it was nice to have a scapegoat for at least one of his problems.
  The one worst thing about the pills was he didn't even know what they were for. Sure, if he didn't take them, he got a queasy stomach and a head ache, but usually it wasn't more than that. Hell, taking the pills to get rid of that wasn't even worth it. For years before the doctor prescribed his special pills, he just took stuff like pepto bismal, and ibeprofen.
  Yet, no matter how hard Ghost complained, and whined, ans pleaded, Toast always insisted that he take them."Why, Johnny? You know I hate them!" Ghost would always ask, and Toast would always respond with nearly the exact two thing. "Because you have serotonin, sir." or "Because the doctor said to, sir." He would always change the subject after that. Eventually, Ghost broke down and decided not to ask anymore. Maybe, if he just took the pills, he would be taken off of then one day.
  For the longest time, though, Ghost did  think he had an actual disorder. It made him feel bad, but he was able to use it as an excuse."Oh, if I don't do this right, it's because I have serotonin.", ""Don't mind me. I have serotonin, so...", "Oh, I wouldn't eat or drink after me. I have serotonin and it might be contagious."
  Bullshit. Every. Last. Bit. Of. It. Both the condition, and the excuses. When Ghost had grown tired of not knowing what was wrong with him, he figured Google search would go a long way in keeping him happy and up for any challenge that came his way. That's when he found out exactly what serotonin was - a compound naturally found in the human body associated with good feelings. It wasn't a big scary disease. It was a hormone.
  When Ghost tried to confront Toast about this, he refused to speak. In fact, he just spewed the same excuses as to why Ghost has to take the pills. It hurts Ghost so much, knowing that the one man he loves is the one lying to him. And it hurts even more not knowing why he's doing it. For his safety? No, that was ridiculous. What about an illness would make it dangerous to tell the person with it about it? Maybe, maybe Toast was too afraid to speak of it. Was it that bad?
  Ghost wasn't sure what was the correct conclusion, and that tore him apart more than anything else.