Chapter 6: Growing Friendships

(A/N: Guys. You are all so amazing. I love you all. 102 reads?! I am just amazed, I posted this story last week and I've already gotten 102 reads on this!! Again, thank you for reading my story!!^^)

-2 months later-

My mom dropped me off at school a hour early as usual, telling me goodbye and driving off. It had been two months since I first came here and things were actually pretty smooth. Amy and I are now best friends, we cleared everything up, and it's all thanks to Cream.  Knuckles and I are officially frenemies ever since he lost me in an arm wrestle.

Sonic and I got an A+ on our assignment, and honestly, I loved working with him. He was so patient with me, and would help out with what I did wrong. He came over my house once or twice, and it was amazing!! He was so funny and kind, I was so happy that I was friend.

Silver is like my guy best friend. Ive learned so much about him, and I feel like I can just open up to him so easily. We really watch each others back, especially when it came to dodgeball. Sometimes, when I feel like crying, he'll be there for me, he'll make me laugh, he'll wipe those tears from my eyes, and he'll help me. It just seemed like we were meant to be friends.

Then, there's Shadow. I barely know anything about him, and we hardly talk. He just.... stares at me. (Kinda have been thinking if he was a stalker....)I have been thinking and I wonder if he saw me cut myself. Shadow is always a hour early like me, but I have no idea why. Strange thing is, but I've been wanting to meet him and actually have a conversation with him. And that's what I was going to do today.

I was wearing a (F/C) short sleeve shirt and a blue skirt. I wore black flats and tied my hair in a bun. Walking through the empty halls I could notice a low glowing red coming from the library. I slowly walked to the library and peeked inside to see what was going on. Shadow was standing there, holding a red emerald that shined so bright it was difficult see.

"Is that a chaos emerald...?!" I thought to myself. They said that there was 7 chaos emeralds, and that they were absolutely beautiful, and that they had immense power in them. Everyone told me back at my old School said that they weren't and that it was just a stupid story, but I know that they were real now...

"Shadow.... do you..... copy...?" A man said faintly. I didn't understand since no one was there. Shadow placed the red chaos emerald in a table and touched his right ear.

"Affirmative."

"So he has a ear piece that lets him hear that guy." I thought.

"Give us a status update on your primary mission."

"Two of the seven emeralds have been obtained. There is still a strong energy source here so I will have a look around."

"Good work Shadow, we're sending you a recruit to help you find the rest." The man said.

"I don't need some rookie to find the emeralds. I can do it on my own." Shadow said sternly.

"Sorry Shadow, but that was the commander's orders."

"Well tell the commander I don't need any help." Shadow said, then pressed a button. The man's voice was cut off mid sentence, and Shadow sighed. He grabbed the emerald and stared at it. Something was happening with Shadow, and I wanted to know what. I inhaled and exhaled sharply, then started to back up slowly.

Unfortunately, I'm not the best at being sneaky, since I bumped into an open locker.  The locker swung and hit another, making a loud thud noise that echoed. I gasped and turned around, hoping he didn't hear. But, we all know he did. I quickly ran upstairs to the next 2 floors. I placed my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath. Truth be told, I wasn't very athletic.

"Who was Shadow talking to...?" I thought aloud, looking down at the floor, "Is he like a secret agent or spy....?" I turned my head around to see if he was there, or at least hear if he was coming up the stairs.

"What did you hear?" A voice said in front of me. I gasped and looked back to it. Shadow was right there. Panicked, I started to back up.

"S-Shadow....!" I stammered as he came closer. He kept walking towards me until I hit the wall. I yelped.

"What did you hear?" He asked again, more sternly. He was so close to me, I could hear his heartbeat. I stood there in fear, I had grown more anxious ever since the dream and was afraid of almost everyone there besides my friends. So Shadow was like a spider when it came to people who had arachnophobia.

"I.... I.... please don't h-hurt m-me!!" I said closing my teary eyes and gripping my hands tightly. I was ready to curl up in a ball and hide, but with Shadow so close I couldn't. When I thought this couldn't worse, it did. He grabbed my wrist and pinned me to the wall, making me look into his eyes. I remember how the green hedgehog held me in the same position in on th dream and started to sob.

"I'm- I'm sorry," I cried, "I didn't mean to!! I-I just wanted to talk to you!! Please.... don't hurt me.....!" I continued to cry, trying to break free of his grip. Shadow just stared at me, not saying a word. He let go of my wrists, and instantly I brought them to my face, covering my eyes. I broke down. I hugged myself, sobbing and choking on my tears, and looked down.

"Stupid d-dreams......" I said while choking, I assumed he left me to cry. Suddenly, I felt two arms wrap around me, and I felt fur on my cheek. I looked up and saw Shadow and realized something. He was.... hugging me?!

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry," He spoke quietly, "But if you need to, then let it all out." At first, I didn't know what to do, it was so sudden. Then, I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest fur. I don't know how long I hugged him for, but soon I stopped crying and let go of Shadow.

"T-Thank you Shadow.... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just wanted to talk to you." I said wiping my tears and looking down.

"Talk about what?" He asked looking at me.

"I don't know, I just want to get to know you better...." I confessed, "It's stupid I know...."

Shadow looked away. It was silent for what seemed like hours. I waited for him to say something, anything really.

"..... I'm usually on the roof if you want to talk to me at lunch." He said, then began to walking down the stairs.

"O-okay... wait! Shadow...... h-How did you get up w-without using the stairs...?" I asked.

"Like I said, I'm usually on the roof of you want to talk." Shadow said. I watched as he walked back to the library. As soon as he was out of my sight I smiled. I quickly went to restroom to clean up. Looks like he really wanted to talk....

(A/N: Gaaahhhh this feels so short!! Hopefully I can make and publish the next chapter today.... Anyways, I hope you like the hug Shadow gave you! I'll make some sonic and silver fluff later in the story XD. Anyways, thanks for reading this and have a super awesome amazing great day!!! Bye!!)