Chapter Seven

Amaria

"Thank God, you weren't in that car," Quavo said to me as he exited the parking garage.

"I know," I said quietly. I was way too deep in my feelings right now thinking about my car.

If Quavo wasn't there to talk me out of getting in the car, I would have most likely gotten in, and I'd be a dead bitch right now. That's all I could think about.

"You want to come back by my house, or do you wanna go home?" Quavo asked me.

"Take me home," I said. All I wanted to do was relax in the comfort of my own home. Although it would have been nice to be up under Quavo, I rather be alone.

As Quavo was pulling his car into my driveway, guess who I saw coming out of their house?

None other than my annoying ass neighbor.

I swear it's almost like he knows when I'm about to come home. He's either coming out the door when I come home or out my house, or he is already outside, waiting to tell me something.

"If it ain't my favorite neighbor in the whole wide world," Takeoff said smiling as I was getting out of Quavo's car. Quavo spoke to him but I didn't. All I could do was roll my eyes at him.

I quickly went inside my house, with Quavo following right behind me.

"I'm about to go talk to my cousin for a lil while then I'm going handle some business, you gone be alright by yourself?" Quavo asked.

I nodded my head. "Okay, well I'm taking you out tomorrow so be ready by twelve." He kissed my forehead then walked out the door. I made sure to lock the top and bottom lock before going upstairs to my room.

As soon as I laid down, my phone started ringing. I quickly answered the phone when I noticed it was my brother calling. I missed him.

"Quick question," he said before I could even say hello.

"What's up?" I said.

"You wouldn't have happened to talk to our mother by any chance?" he said.

"Why would I talk to her knowing we don't get along?"

"Because, I was supposed to be picking her and Miya up at the airport like three hours ago. I waited and waited but I never saw them," he said. That's strange.

"Well have you tried calling her," I asked.

"Over and over again. She ain't answering though.. Hold up this might be her calling now, Ima talk to you later sis, love you."

"I love you too," I said then hung up the phone.

As I laid in my bed watching Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, a sudden thought popped in my head. Something told me to just get up and look around.

In order to get inside my car, someone had to have a key. The only other key I had besides the main one that I used was the spare key. It was inside a small envelope that I kept laying around my house somewhere. I just had to find it.

I went downstairs to look inside the little draws in the kitchen that I kept miscellaneous items in. It wasn't there.

I went through a bunch of draws until I started to give up. I was never gone find the damn key.