Chapter Four

Amaria

I was off to work, again, for the eighth day in a row. I had been getting like zero days off thanks to James' ass. His ole ugly ass haven't showed up to work in a whole month, and guess who was taking the heat for his absence? Me.

My boss, Melanie, was making me work nonstop, giving me all these crazy hours. I literally have no personal time to myself because I'm always at this damn hospital.

Melanie was one of them white bitches who thought they was black. She hated my guts because she was in love with James but James wanted me. So every chance she got, she tried to make me suffer.

I seriously need a new job.

Finally able to get a much needed break, I walked into the employees' cafeteria and took a seat to get off of my feet.

I wasn't eating because I ain't have time to pack my lunch and I was not about to eat this bland ass hospital food.

Quavo

I decided to stop by Amaria's job today and surprise her. I knew it was about that time for her to go on lunch break, so I brought her some food.

Besides, this was like the only time I'd get to see her since her ass stay at work. I been telling her that she needed to quit and let me take care of her, but she wasn't having that. You know how women be with that independent woman ass shit.

The lady at the front desk told me the employee cafeteria was on the fifth floor so that's where I was goin'.

When I walked in, I spotted Amaria in the corner wit her back turnt to me.

I slowly walked towards her and covered her eyes with my hands.

"Who the fu-" she started to say, but stopped when she turned around and saw it was me. "Boy, you was about to get yo ass beat the fuck up."

"Calm down, la mama," I said as I kissed her forehead and sat her bag of food down on the table in front of her.

"I'm so happy you came, I'm hungry as the fuck," she said, digging in the bag, taking out the shrimp poboy I brought her.

"What I told you about that mouth of yours?" I swear she curse in every sentence she use. "That's not lady like," I told her.

"Fuck being ladylike," she said taking a bite of da poboy. I couldn't help but laugh. "I missed you though."

"If you had days off, maybe you wouldn't have to miss me." She rolled her eyes when I said that. I know she was tired of having this conversation because we talk about it all the time.

The last time we really got to hang out was when I took her on a date. That was over a month ago. When she ain't working, she catching up on sleep, or too lazy to do shit with me because she's too tired. So of course I'ma be mad cause we actually been getting pretty close through text messages but we never see each other.

I have to pop up on her ass like this just to see her.

"I don't have a choice but to work. Ain't nobody gone pay my bills but me," she said.

"I under stand that, but listen. Yo spiteful ass boss doing too much giving you all these hours. It ain't right. You betta talk to her before I do cause it ain't gone be nothin' nice if I have to speak to her."