Chapter Two

'Oh no,' was all Viktor could think. He absolutely couldn't stand seeing people cry. He didn't know how to help them, but he knew he would seem like a jerk if he didn't.
     Viktor pulled over his car to the side. He put the gear in park and turned around on his seat to fully face the boy in the back.
      "Are you alright?" He asked hesitantly. The boy looked up, eyes swollen and red. He quickly turned his head and wiped his eyes.
     He turned back to face Viktor and tried to give his best smile, which was clearly strained.
     "Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." he stuttered. Viktor didn't think he was fine, but what could he do. He gave the boy a reassuring smile, then turned back onto the road.

     About five minutes later, Viktor was pulling into the address the guy gave him. It was a small one story building that was kind of run down. The paint was peeling from the wall, the yard, if you could call it that was mostly dirt and rocks and the driveway was cracked and uneven.
     As soon as Viktor stopped the car, the boy immediately got out and handed Viktor his payment. He watched as the twenty-something year old boy walked up to his door and shuffled around his bag for his key.
     The brunette sighed in defeat and slumped down next to the door. Since Viktor had been watching (definitely not checking him out because Yuuri is his soulmate) he got out of his car to make sure everything was okay.
     "Can't find your keys?" Viktor asked. The boy looked up at him once again and nodded before pushing his blue glasses onto his nose.
     "I probably dropped them at the airport because I was in such a hurry," he deflated. "And my roommate isn't coming back until tomorrow." He then looked at his watch. "Or later today," he gave a soft laugh.
     Viktor smiled in return. "Anything I can do?" He asked. The boy gave him a strange look like he couldn't fathom why Viktor wanted to help him. He just shrugged.
     Viktor thought, before a lightbulb went off in his brain. "Do you want to come stay the night at my place?" He offered without thinking.
     "Oh, uh," the boy pondered. "You aren't a serial killer right?" He joked. Viktor laughed.
     "I promise I won't murder you," he replied. The boy laughed before standing up.
     "I guess that's okay."
     Viktor gave a bright smile. "I think if we are going to be roommates for a day I should know you name."
     The boy nodded. "My name is Yuuri," Yuuri said.
     Viktor smiled. "Yuuri,"

12:57am

     Yuuri had agreed to stay at Viktor's house for the night until his roommate gets back. In an attempt to get to know Yuuri better Viktor was asking him questions.

     "Favorite animal?" Viktor asked.
     Yuuri thought a moment before answering. "Either pigs or dogs."
     "Aww! I have a poodle named Makkachin, but piggies are cute too!" Viktor answered.
     Yuuri smiled. "I used to have a poodle, but..." he cleared his throat. "She passed away a few years ago."
     "I'm so sorry. I'm sure that she loved you," Viktor comforted.
     Yuuri swallowed hard. "Anyway next question."
       Viktor nodded. "Let's see, where were you coming from before I picked you up?"
     Yuuri looked down. "I uh, was in Florida," he spoke softly and in a sad like tone.
     Viktor didn't want to push it, but he suspected that it had something to do with why he was crying earlier.
     He paused before asking anymore questions.
     "So, what do you do for fun?"
     Yuuri thought a moment. "Well, I really like figure skating," he answered.
     Viktor lit up. "Seriously?! I just got a job as a figure skating instructor at the Olympic View Ice Arena!" Yuuri raised his eyebrows.
      "Woah, you must be really good then. Have you ever competed?"
     Viktor laughed. "Well, I was actually supposed to compete at Nationals, but could never afford it," Viktor sighed. "But I am sure you were just as good if not better."
     Yuuri choked. "No, I was, no," he paused. "I was okay I guess, but I had--I mean have, social anxiety so I never competed. I wanted to, but always criticized myself for thinking I was good enough," he swallowed.
     Viktor just smiled. "I'm sure you're great! I hope I can see you skate sometime!"
     Yuuri blushed and wanted to curl up in a ball. Even though he just met Viktor, he felt like they were best friends and frankly he wanted to be friends.
     Yuuri sighed. He wanted to be friends with Viktor, and that's why he could never let him know that he's gay.