Chapter 8

"Wh-what do you me-mean Beth's in the hos-hospital?" I said nervously.

"She had a hard time breathing and then fainted." She replied. I knew she sometimes couldn't breathe well but I just thought maybe it was because she was little.

"Ok. Ok. What's the name of the name of the hospital. I'm on my way." I said.

"St. Benedict's hospital." She said.

"Ok. I'm coming." I said and cut the phone. I went to the reception and saw Taylor was still there. I decided to tell her what happened.

"Taylor, I gotta go. Beth's in the hospital." I told her. She widened her eyes.

"Oh my God. What happened to her?" She asked.

"She was finding it hard to breathe and fainted. I have to go taylor. I'll talk to you later. By-"

"And if I may ask, where do you think your going miss Emily?" Scott said. Gosh, I didn't want him to know am leaving the office. I turned around and my eyes met with his.

"Sir, I have to leave. My sister's in the hospital. I have to go sir. Please." I pleaded.

"Its ok. I can take you if you want." He replied and I was surprised at his gesture. I nodded my head.

"Ok. Ok. Let's go." We left to the hospital. I think Scott was talking to me in the car but I didn't hear a word he was saying. I was just focused on beth. Oh God, I hope she's okay. We reached the hospital and rushed to the reception. They told us the room number and we went there. My heart was beating really hard because we were at the front of the room and I was scared. I twisted the door knob and opened it. I could hear the beeping sound. I entered in slowly and there was my little baby sister lying down on the bed looking pale white. I clamped my mouth with my hands as soon as I saw her to stop me from bursting into tears. I saw Michelle beside her. Her head was on her bed and she was asleep while mike was on the only chair in the room also asleep. I went to Michelle and tapped her. She blinked her eyes and as soon as they landed on me, tears filled her eyes and then she started crying. It took me all in my power not to cry there.

"Hey, hey, common stop crying. It ok. Its ok." I said trying to calm her down and also me.
"What did the doctor say?" I asked.

"She said Beth's..." She stopped in her words. I started getting scared.

"Michelle what did the doctor say?" I asked again.

"she said Beth's..." She stopped again. I've started getting fed up.

"Just answer the ques-"

"asmathic. She said Beth's asmathic. Why she fainted was because the airpipe got cut off because she couldn't breathe again so that's why she fainted ." she ended with a sigh.
"She also said that this will happen time to time but it won't that's if you'll be there with her 24/7." she added later on. I was speechless. My Beth's asmathic. I can't believe this. I started feelimg dizzy and was about to hit the ground when a pair if strong arms caught me. Scott arms. I forgot he was here.

"Beth's asmathic. My Beth's asmathic." Those were the only words I was repeating till the darkness overtook me.

.
.
.

I woke up to hearing an annoying beeping sound that won't stop. I opened my eyes once and shut it back immediately. Gosh, this sound should stop. I tried opening my eyes once more and then blinked few times t adjust to the light and I succeeded. I saw a figure on a seat sitting down with a blazer covering his head. I remembered beth and then remembered what Michelle said about beth and then I became alert. Beth. My wig. Shit. I touched my hair and hallelujah to the heavens, my hair was still brunette. I tried getting up but I couldn't.

"Ugh" I let out a frustrated groan which made me know I craved for water right now and also made the figure to wake up and to my surprise, it was scott. I don't know what he's doing here. He came over to me.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked with his voice laced with concern.

"Water" I said and he rushed to get some water for me. I drank the full glass of water and came back to my senses.
"Thank you." I told him and remembered beth. I tried getting up again but he stopped me.

"Where do you think your going?" He said. I really wanted to glare at me but I held myself.

"I need to see beth." I told him and tried getting up again but he held me down one more time.

"Nope. Beth's gone home so now you can rest." He told me which made go on full alert.

"What!!. What do you mean she has gone home?. Who took her home?" I asked quickly as I tried getting up again but once again, Scott held me down and I gave him my full death glare but he returned with a very cute grin which made me almost smile but I held myself and turned NY head to the other side but a finger came to my chin and turned it back to Scott's face. His face was just an inch from mine. one more time we go close and the gap would be closed.

"Michelle took her to your house so you don't have to worry." He told me,his breath fanning my face. An-

"Miss em- oh sorry, I'll come back later. Sorry, Excuse me." the doctor said going and was about to leave.

"No,no, you don't have to leave. Please come in. What do you have to say?. Sorry once more." Scott said and I was surprised. Scott apologizing. Now, that's something we don't see everyday.

"Uhm, well, miss Emily can go home but shouldn't stress herself too much because that's why she fainted. If she can be on a two day bed rest, that would be very good for her." He told us.

"Ok doctor. I'll make sure that happens but I have a question " he said.

"Ask please." The doctor said.

"Is it okay if she could go out this night for like dinner?" He asked. I was confused. Why would he ask if i- ohhhhhh. Oh my God. He wants to take me out for dinner. I started smiling.

"Sure. Sure, its okay. She can go out for dinner. Well, bye." The doctor replied and left the room.

"Well, you can go out for dinner so, by seven pm be ready." He told me as he looked at his watch and I continued looking at him.
"What?" He asked innocently as if he hadn't just told me to get ready for dinner.

"You just told me to get ready for dinner." I told him.

"Yh, so?" He said as he raised one of his eyebrows which made him look cute.

"well, first of all, I'm not going to dinner with you because I have to take care of beth and secondly, seriously, that's how you ask a lady to dinner. Wow. You have be romantic when your asking a lady to dinner." I told him.

"Common, you have to go to dinner with me. Michelle can take care of beth. Please you have to go to dinner with me." He pleaded.

"But I have to buy her in-"

"Inhaler. I already bought it. A pack so you don't have to worry please just come with me to dinner." He said again pleading.

"Well, you do not ask a girl to dinner like that." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Ok. Miss Emily, would you go to dinner with me?" He said with a smile which made me to smile also.

"Yes. Yes I will." I told him which made him grin cutely.

Hey people, what's up. This chapter is really.... I don't know what to say about this chapter but if you have something to say about this chapter, you can do that by commenting and also

Vote

Comment

Share
Love you guys. XOXO♥♥♥♥♥.