Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning and took a shower. Got ready for work and left my room when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mia? Mia?" Scott said breathless. I was really angry at him for standing me up.

"What" I said my voice flat.

"Don't come to work today. Your on a break. Don't come to work." He said and I frowned. I know I should be happy but the way he said it.... It sounded like he was scared. I think something's wrong.

"Why shouldn't I come to work?" I asked.

"Don't just come." He said,his voice getting authorative. But what's wrong?.

"Bu-"

"Don't. Come. To. Work. Final" his voice flat and then he hung up. Well,he's not the boss of me really? You know what I mean. Still I'm going to work. I got ready for work and left. I reached the company and saw feli wasn't at the reception so I just proceeded upstairs. I reached our office and my eyes widened . The office was scattered. It was as if someone had robbed it or attacked it. Footsteps brougt me back to reality. I was scared to turn back. What if its an armed robber. Oh god! I'm to young to die. And then the worst thing happened. The electricity went out making the office dark as the curtains were closed. The office looked like it was night with the curtains closed. The only light was brightening the place a little was the light coming from outside of the office. The footsteps approached closer and then I heard the door shut making me jolt up a little.

"Who's there?." The voice asked. It sounded familiar but I was too scared to think of the owner of the voice.
"Show yourself. Who are you?" The voice asked again. I didn't reply. I could see the silhouette coming closer but I was too scared to do anything. Don't just stand here. Run!"  My subconscious yelled and I obeyed it. I ran and pushed the person and reached for the door but then he grabbed my hand and covered my mouth with the other hand.

"Who are you?!" He yelled a little and tears welled up in my eyes. I was too young too die. Who would take care of beth. I never told Scott the truth about why I left. Oh god! Please I can't die now.  I'm too young to die.

"Please don't kill me. I'm too young to die right now. I Still have my little sister to take care off. I've never had the experience of having a husband. Please don't kill me. I'm so you-"

"Mia?" The voice said and then I realised who's voice it was. Scott.

"Scott?" I asked and then fortunately,the electricity came back on and I turned to confirm who the person who scared the shit out of me was Scott and you know what? No surprise there. It was him.

"Mia. What are you doing here? I told you not to come to the office." He said angrily glaring at me which I also gladly returned.

"Who do you think you are huh? How dare you just scare me to death? Why did you do it?!!" I yell angrily at him.

"I told you to stay at home for fuck sake Emilia but as always,you don't fucking listen!!!" He yells back.

"And why do you want me to stay back home huh? Why?!!" I yell.

"Because your fucking life is in danger!!!" He yells loudly making me flinch a little.

"What?" I say,my voice coming out tiny and his eyes softening.

" Your life is in danger Mia. It's not safe for you to come anymore." He says.

"And why do you care if my life is in danger? Cause last time I checked,you just had sex with me and leaving me a note that says you hate me so tell me one freaking good reason that I should believe you now. Just one reason." I say to him,tears threatening to come back. He just stared at me quietly.

"But I care Mia. I really do. I care ab-" Now he'd done it. I was really angry right now.

"You care? Did I hear you right? You care?" I let out a bitter laugh and glared at him again.
"You don't care Scott. You never cared because if you did,you wouldn't have stood me up on our date."

"Mia,you have to understand. That was a really tough night for me. Jasmine was sick and she has been with me since Mia. I couldn't just leave her alone that night. You have to unders-"

"Yes,yes, I get it. Jasmine was sick but she could also take care of herself. What about the time I took care of you. No one helped me so I don't understand how she can't take care of hers-"

"Excuse me? Did you just indirectly insult jasmine? It's one thing to insult me mia but its another thing to insult jasmine. Jasmine's like a sister to me so don't you dare insult her." He says. Wow. I can't compete with her.

"Wow. Just wow. You know what Scott? I'm not surprised Scott. I mea ,its not like you care anyways so I real-"

"I care Mia. I do and I am very disappointed in you. I've never seen you so jealous. Its not like you still like me so I don't know why you don't like jasmine." He says making me widen my eyes.

"You think I'm jealous?"

"I know your-"

"You think I'm jealous? Oh my god!" I let out a bitter laugh
"I am not jealous Scott. I am not. Because if I was jealous,you wouldn't see me standing right here talking to you Scott. I can never be jealous over someone who stood up his date. I can never be jealous of someone who used me to satisfy his sexual.needs. Yes,I was a little bit hurt you chose jasmine over me but don't you think for a second that I am jealous Scott because I'm not and will never be. Excuse me" I leave the office without glancing back. The tears threatening to come out but I have vowed to myself that I will never cry over someone who is not worth it. You sure he's not worth it? My subconscious say and I  knew she was right and you know what comes after that. Yes.... I cry. I cry over Scott once more but also with another thought in my mind. Who wants me gone?

Hey guys,what's up? Well,sorry for the late update. My phone got spoilt and  I had yo like repair it or get a new one so...it took longer than I thought. Well,here's the chapter you've all been waiting for. Please

Vote.

Comment.

Share.
Love you guys. Mwah♥♥♥♥♥.