Chapter two

"Hi, Dad" Said an angelic voice from the other side of the phone. 
"Dad? Who's dad?" I said faking a sarcastic tone, it still hurts.

"Come on, dad you don't have to be like that, it's been five years, you have to move on" Said my daughter for maybe the millionth time. I was used to hearing that from her. 

Five years ago Emily my twenty seven years old daughter got married to a guy who I didn't like much, not because I'm a strict father who loves his children so much that he can't let go of them. I mean, I do love my children so much, but I just didn't see him right for her, he was foreign, unfamiliar with our traditions and cultures, and I thought and still think it isn't the best decision my daughter has made. Sometimes I think maybe I was wrong but I just can't cope with that thought, also him knowing that I didn't approve this marriage and not caring doesn't really help.

"Move on? My daughter getting married without me and not caring about my approval is easy to move on after? I don't think so, honey. You will understand when you have a kid one day" I rolled my eyes the moment I finished that sentence I know she couldn't see me, but I still had to do it.

"Oh! I called you for that!" She said with a little squeal

"That I'm right and he's not suitable for you?"

"No! Daddy, I'm pregnant" Another squeal, god this girl is going to damage my ear drum over the phone.

"Oh god!" I said with a sigh, it wasn't that I wasn't happy for her, I just wished it wasn't his baby, she's going to be attached to him forever if she has his baby. 

"Come on, dad be happy for me" She said, her tone gotten lower a little. I don't want to upset her. 

Her being happy is all I want for her right? If she is then be it. Even though I hate the guy she still is my daughter, I will forever want the best for her.

"I am happy for you, honey" I know I didn't sound like it, but I was, I somehow have a lack of talent when it comes to expressing my emotions. How could I not be, I finally am going to have a grandchild, isn't that every parent's dream? 

After a long conversation with my daughter about how she wants me by her side and in her baby's life and a long long lecture on how this is a new start for her and her family and I should just move on as long as she's happy and healthy. Actually she did convince me, I do have to move on, they've been together for five years. 

I looked over at the digital clock on the side of my office, it glared at me with the numbers.

  10:29

Not too early to go to bed, is it? Even if it is, I'm fifty years old man, I can sleep early and not be blamed for it. After I get ready for bed, I lay down and close my eyes, hoping after long working day I could have a peaceful sleep. But I knew I was asking for too much from life.

__________________________________________________

Lucas Dimitri

His name stared right into my eyes, for some reason as I'm sitting here in his office waiting for his arrival, I feel like I've heard his name before, I think I heard it somewhere, he was involved with something  important, I know it.

"Good morning" Said someone interrupting my train of thoughts, I looked searching for the source of the sound and my eyes landed on a young guy, Blond with blue popping eyes, wearing formal clothing. Neat looking I must say. 

"Good morning, I'm Arnold Fischer, a detective, I'm here to ask you few questions about Mrs Wentworth, Olivia Wentworth" I said straightening my back, making my voice a little more stern all while shaking his hand firmly. Wow! I missed saying this sentence though. It feels good to be back I must admit.

"Olivia..I'm not surprised, she has always been trouble attractor, never stayed on the safe side. What did she do this time?" 

"Trouble attractor? Tell me more about that, please Mr Dimitri." Yeah, I was dodging his question on purpose, something I learnt over the years of experience in this job. I'm the one to ask.

He gave me the 'what the hell' eyes, but do I look like someone who cares about him being upset?

"She started working in a political news paper few years age, her career required searching in..umm..dangerous subjects I might say" he said doing a half of a spin in his chair, something I see childish to be honest and maybe he's nervous.

"Can you please explain the dangerous subjects?"

"I don't know I think it's her work secrets, I don't think I can give it away like that"

"Mr Dimitri, we're dealing here with a case that may involve murder, so if you know something that might help with the case, you have to tell me" I feel like I have a very light grip on my temper here, I seriously have a hard time understanding people that fear telling something that could help so much in finding the hidden threads in the case.

"Murder? Is Olivia dead? I didn't think she could go this far"

The meeting between me and Dimitri was interrupted by his secretary storming in the room, and I mean bursting the door open, her heel making a very loud noise on the marble floor.

"Mr.Dimitri you have to see this" she said with a breathy voice and panic obvious all over her face.