One

A/N You are Maddie.
Today we're coming home from San Francisco, but on the way back my family and I are going to stop by Old Fisherman's Wharf. I pack my bags and load them into the trunk of our white mini van. We drive and find a parking spot in the lot.
"We are hereee!" My dad says. Honestly I wasn't in the mood to be very cheerful.
"There's a trolley that takes us to the aquarium." My mom tells us and points to the trolley stop.
We walk over to the trolley and it's empty. Well, it was empty until a tall boy with his mom came on. He was very good looking and his mom was beautiful.
It was a little quiet until the mother spoke to us. We were the only ones on the trolley.
"Are you guys from around here?" She asks us.
"No we're just taking a vacation." My mother replies.
"Oh I'm Angela and this is my son Jaeden." Angela says putting her hand out to shake hands.
"I'm Emily and this is Daniel" my mom says pointing to my dad "and this is my daughter Maddie."
"Nice to meet you!" I tell her and shake her hand.
"We're on vacation too and today we're going to leave after we head over to the aquarium." Angela says.
"Would you like to join us? We would be happy if you did." My mom says ever so kindly.
"Sure! Thanks a lot. We barely know our way around here." She laughs.
I look over to see the boy.
"Hi um...Jaeden." I say nervously.
"Hey...Maddie right?" He says shaking my hand.
"Yeah." I tell him.
"Are you from LA?" He questions.
"Yeah I am. You?"
"Mhmm. I moved there a couple years ago." Jaeden smiles. I smile back. I can't believe I'm gonna be spending almost the whole day with this kid. I just met him and he's already so sweet.
"STOP FOR MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM!" The driver yelled. Angela and my parents kept talking while Jaeden and I were walking
"Apparently the aquarium is closed so we are gonna have to head back." Angela tells us sounding disappointed.
"We can head back to Old Fisherman's Wharf. I heard they have great clam chowder over by the pier." Jaeden says with his low but soft voice. He sounds so soothing when he talks. Stop it Maddie. You just met him.
"That sounds good. What do you say Maddie?" My dad asks.
"Sounds great to me!" I say.
We get back on the trolley and find a good clam chowder place. It was delicious.
I start walking and Jaeden runs up to me.
"Hey slow down a bit...I'm tired dude." He says out of breath.
"Ok ok. You gotta catch up." I say playfully punching him.
We go back to the car and something great happens.
"Oh gosh! I forgot that we only had a one-trip air plane ticket to here. I was going to call an Uber to drive us back." Angela says worriedly.
"We can take you back. There's just enough room in our van." My dad tells her and insists on them coming along.
"Really? You're ok with letting almost strangers into your car?" She says confused.
"You guys are friends with us now. Don't worry, we'll take you back home but we won't get home until 1:00 in the morning. You can stay with us for the night and we can hang out the next day." My mom offers.
"Thank you so so much. We are very grateful." Angela says giving us a hug.
We get in the car. My dad's is driving and Angela is sitting in the front passenger seat. My mom is sitting in the middle with all that room and Jaeden wanted to sit with me since we are the only kids there.
"Hey Maddie, thanks a lot. I really appreciate you and your family for taking us home. You saved us a lot of money and time." Jaeden says giving me a hug. He's so warm and sweet and everything about him is just great.
"You're welcome Jae." I say hugging him a little tighter.
We hit the road and the drive is gonna be 6 hours long. I look out the window and see a beautiful scenery. I open my phone, grab my earphones, and open Spotify.
"Jaeden, do you...um..wanna listen to music with me?" I ask him offering one of my earphones to him.
"I would love too. Thanks." He says and scoots closer to me. I click on Redbone by Childish Gambino.
"This is my favorite song." We say at the same time. We giggle.
After an hour of listening to music I get sleepy and stop.
I don't notice but my head slowly falls onto Jaeden's lap and I sleep. The last thing I heard him say was "Sweet dreams Maddie, sweet dreams."

A/N AHHH I'm so excited for this book. I'm still going to update Understandable so don't you worry children.