Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Karin’s Point of View

                “It seems like you had a fun time playing with Nick before I stepped in,” Jeb said seating me on his king-sized bed. All I could do was look up at him.

                The memories of the past few minutes come rushing back to me. They play in my mind as if I were watching the events unfold in front of me like a movie.

                Jeb turns around at lightning speed. He pulls out his knife.

                Damien, falling to the ground, a hole in his chest, rapidly bleeding.

                Jake rushes forward to help Damien.

                The spot where Jeb and I stood was vacant now.

                Jake screaming Nick’s name.

                Nick.

                Where was he?

                Jake took his shirt off; pressing it to Damien’s wound.

                The image in my head zoomed in onto Damien’s wound. Hands outstretch from behind the ‘camera’ that was giving the images. I notice one arm was burned, the right one.

                Nick.

                I don’t understand what’s happening. Am I in Nick’s head?

                An image of my face appears. My hair is black and looks unruly. My face has a smirk on it, but my eyes display a look of sadness and a burning for revenge.

                Is that how I really looked in the eyes of Nick, or in the eyes of the world?

                An image of Jeb pops up immediately after. His hair, perfect, spikey and blonde. His scar vibrant, standing out, meant to be a flaw on his face but turns into a sign of power and dominance. His eyes, glowing with excitement.

                The image of Jeb turns dark. A bright orange flame starts and the bottom, and in seconds all I can see is a bright flare of orange and yellow.

An image of Nick and Jeb pops up. Nick has Jeb’s head in his hands. A gun to Jeb’s temple. A second goes by and Jeb’s brain is blown to bits.

 I have to get out of here! How did I get here? I need to get back to reality!

The images speed by too quickly, I barley catch a glimpse of them.

Nick punching Jeb.

Nick shooting Jeb.

Nick burning Jeb.

Nick crystalizing Jeb.

Nick torturing Jeb.

Nick stabbing Jeb.

Nick choking Jeb.

Nick burying Jeb.

What the fuck is going on?!

I have to get out of here!

Jeb’s face pops up in front of me, the blurriness of his features turning sharp, getting into focus. His hot breath hits my face, this isn’t an image, it’s the real Jeb.

I feel like I’m going insane, not knowing what’s real and what’s fake until it touches me.

“You saw it didn’t you. Ha! He can actually do it!” Jeb said, excitement lighting up his features.