Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Venturing off on your own is fun. I like to walk in forest and see the wildlife. The forests can carry a lot of secrets and I just love to find them. Forests are calming, they're quiet, the perfect place to kill, or to be killed. I hate the city, it's too loud and there are just too many people around, getting in your business, but that's the only place I'm safe right now. The city will at least slow Jeb down for a little on his journey to find me.  

I left Nick and the others two days ago. I arrived at this small town a few hours ago. This town is where I'll find myself a job, earn some money and enroll in the private University that's an hour away.  

Yup, a University. It's my only hope to try and stay away from Jeb. The University, hopefully, only allows selected guests in the building, even then they would be kept in the lobby and not taken to dorm rooms unless for special purposes. According to my research, I need $20,000 to get into that university. The fact that I don't have a school record will make me have to make a fake one with the approval of "my parents" and the payment issues regarding school. I'll have to add in $5,000-10,000 at least for bribing purposes on rooming, or if I need to get rid of Jeb if he shows up. Not only that but in case if there is any complications including schooling or my parents. 

As for a job, I would normally do the whole prostitute thing, I mean I have the experience but I want to at least live a normal life, even for a little while. Although, I am only 15, I could probably get a part time job, or just blackmail people into getting me a job. Well see...

I've been walking around this city for an hour or so to arrive at a standstill in front of a little diner. I peer inside to see it moderately busy with about 6 out of the 10 booths full with chattering teenagers. Perfect, this diner attracts mostly teens, as a means of a place to hang out. I can easily bribe teens to help me get a place to stay, especially the boys. The problem still remains of me actually getting the job. 

I walk around a little more to find this nice little park. This little piece of nature is the only calming thing in this town. The park was a wide open space with trees around the perimeter, a trail and a few benches. People were bustling around with their babies or dogs. I find a bench under a tree looking out towards the diner.  

When I had been in front the diner, only teenagers were in there. I need to find out if only teens hang out there or if there's a specific time that teens hang there like after school or extra activities.  

I sit staring at the diner for what felt like hours. It was getting dark and only teens, with a few exceptions of busy workers stopping in for a bite, had entered that diner.  

At least that’s good. I can probably be friendly enough to land a room for free. 

God, who am I kidding, I can never be nice. Guess I'll have to do things the hard way, like always. In the morning, I'll see if I can land that job, for now I have to find a place to sleep. 

Before I can get up, a boy around 18, with dirty blonde hair that falls right under his ear, sits next to me. That part didn't bother, it was how close he was sitting next to me that nerved me. Our arms and legs were touching. And not the simple peck of a touch, no, he was squished up next to me that I thought he would shove me off the bench! 

"Why the fuck are you pressed up against me?! Move the fuck over!" I said outraged of how he sat here like he owned the fucking bench. 

"I saw you looking at that diner for a couple hours now..." He said, dismissing my outrage completely.  

"Stalker much..." I mumble under my breath. I stood up from the bench. Without looking back at him I began to walk away. 

"Wait..." He said grabbing my arm. "I wasn't trying to stalk you. I just wanted to know if you wanted something to eat." He said looking up at me from the bench with innocent brown eyes and a sympathetic look.