He rolled his desk chair around to face you. "And will you knock it off! You're starting to sound like Rodrick!" He snapped.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." You heard someone chuckle.

You saw that it was Rodrick. He was leaning up against the doorframe wearing a baggy, dark blue, Penn State hoodie and flannel pajama bottoms. His shaggy hair was mussed in different directions around his forehead and slightly damp. It looked like he had just woken up.

Rowley sniffed the air and made a face

Rowley sniffed the air and made a face. "What's that smell?"

"I don't know, it almost smells like soap." Greg added in.

You jumped off the bed. "Oh my gosh! Did THE Rodrick Heffley take a shower?" You gasped in fake shock.

"Sure did. Want to smell shortie?" He came forward, holding out his armpit, preparing to shove it in your face. You pushed him away playfully.

While you still found Rodrick cute, the two of you had formed more of a sibling-like bond. He had become just like your older brother.

"What are you even doing home anyways?" You laughed. School didn't let out for another month.

"I took some night classes and finished the semester early." He smirked.

"You tried at school?" Rowley asked, confused.

"Can it Chunky Cheese!" He snapped, than turning to you with a goofy grin. "Besides Y/N, I wouldn't want to miss your party."

"You're coming to my Sweet 16?" Now it was your turn to be confused.

"Well I was planning on having band practice tonight, but Ben has the flu and Chris is still at school, so I guess it leaves me with nothing else to do." He shrugged.

"There's no way I'm going if you're going to be there." Greg argued.

You were slightly hurt. "C'mon Greg. You're my best friend! Besides," You leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Holly Hills will be there."

"Really?" He blushed excitedly. You knew he had a crush on her.

"Ha, she'll never go for a nerd like you!" Rodrick laughed. Then as an afterthought, quickly added awkwardly. "Will Heather be there?"

" 'Fraid not. But Isaac will." You smiled to yourself.

Greg rolled his eyes, looking disgusted.

Isaac had been one of your best friends before you had moved, and the two of you had grown up together. You were excited when his family had moved to Plainview as well sometime last year. Even though he lived on the nicer, richer, north side of town and you lived on plain, normal Surrey Street, you two still found the time to hang out with each other. While you wanted him and your new friends to get along, Greg and Rowley didn't seem to like him very much. If that wasn't complicated enough, you couldn't help but feel you might be falling for Isaac.