Part 14

They were staring at me, Harry, Ron and Hermione; I’d just told them what had happened, why they hadn’t seen me all afternoon and why I was so late returning. After Lucius left, Dumbledore slipped out and dad and I were left alone to sit in silence as my fate sank in. We’d failed, the plan backfired and now I was going to have to live with the Malfoy’s. I think that we were both in shock; we sat for hours not speaking nor moving. In the end I left. I didn’t want to talk to my father about it because I didn’t want to admit that we’d failed out loud. I returned to Gryffindor tower to find my friends waiting for me.

“What?” Ron asked blankly “what was that?”

“I think she said that she has to live with the Malfoy’s” Harry replied looking just as blank.

“But did I hear her right when she said that she’d played it that way?”

Harry nodded “I think so; explain it again, Lil.”

I sighed and sank back deeper into my chair; I wanted it to swallow me whole and then for me to wake up from this nightmare “we thought that Lucius only wanted me because Snape has me so we thought that if he thought that neither of us wanted to actually live together then he’d back off.”

“But he didn’t?” Asked Harry.

“But he didn’t” I muttered.

“I see what you were trying to do” Hermione said slowly “but it was a big risk wasn’t it?”

“Evidently” I replied “we failed and that’s that.”

They were still staring and I was becoming sick of it so, grabbing my bag, I excused myself and, as it wasn’t yet curfew, went to wander around the grounds.

It was cold outside but it was nice. I sat by the lake and watched the water ripple as the giant squid rose just so, that I could see one of his tentacles. I pulled out a roll of parchment from my bag and a quill and set about writing dad a letter which I would give him on Christmas day.

Dad, I’m sorry that what we planned didn’t work out; it was a failed long shot but at least we tried. Right now, I hope that I am right to assume, that you will be thinking of me, wondering what I’m doing and how I’m coping and even though I can’t see the future I know that it is safe to say that I am hating every minute. I’d much rather be with you, I’m accustomed to your...well, our way of life and I love it; I wouldn’t change anything about it- perhaps maybe a dog (not a Chihuahua though) but I love it and I love you.

Don’t feel bad about the outcome, we both agreed to do it knowing what could happen and I’ll see you more anyway.

I’m not great at writing letters so I think I’ll just leave it here saying thank you for everything and Merry Christmas.

Lilliana.

I sighed heavily as I read over my letter; it wasn’t at all what I wanted to say. I scrunched up the parchment, threw it up into the air, pulled out my wand and spat out ‘Incendio’ a spell I had taught myself a couple of months ago. I watched the letter catch fire and fall, like a flaming ball, into the lake. I’d write another one up later.

My mind was reeling; sometimes I did want to get away from dad, he’s not exactly the loving paternal man that most people expect fathers to be but he’s...dad and I love him and anyway; I like playing tricks on him sometimes, it’s funny but I wouldn’t ever even think about leaving for good. I could never do that to him.

~Snape~

He was sitting silently in his office in exactly the same spot he’d been in since Lucius Malfoy had left. He was sure that the failed plan had been a secure way of keeping Lilliana and now they were both being forced apart.

The radio was playing in the background; he’d had it on earlier but it had been forgotten. Silence had captivated him and that is how he sat. Severus hadn’t even realised that he was alone until the fire leapt into to life and a letter flew into the room and onto his lap.

He blinked at it in confusion before opening it slowly, ignoring the Malfoy seal and read:

After much more consideration I have decided to leave the girl with you. I was wrong to want her as she is nothing like the Malfoy family and she will taint our name with her girlish emotions. You may keep her and accept a generous payment from me for you not to promise not to push her into my home again.

This will always be a thank you also as my wife greatly regrets her past wrong doings and wishes to repay you for your kindness. This will be the last you hear on this subject; my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

L Malfoy

Was this a dream?

Their plan had indeed worked?

Severus Snape stood and with the letter still clasped in his hands he flew from the room.

Well, that was short lived :S I'm sorry; I couldn't do it. I detest the Malfoys (The men are complete cowards!) But I suppose you could call it a filler chapter. 

Very sorry for the short part xx