Chapter Twenty Six:

Start from the beginning

I grinned at my phone, which was stupid because, you know, it was an inanimate object

I grinned at my phone, which was stupid because, you know, it was an inanimate object. I re-read the kind words from Hunter before sliding my phone back into my bag. With those words ringing in my ears, I made my way towards Pineapple Dance Studios.

When I got there, the registration process was a lot easier because they already had my details from the previous audition. Plus, there weren't as many auditionees, so the woman who welcomed me didn't seem as frazzled as she did last time.

The wait wasn't as long as last time, and someone quickly ushered me into the audition room. We exchanged pleasantries, and I started to sing my first song. The song went well as I was feeling confident about it, as I had rehearsed it so many times. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but the audition panel seemed to enjoy my rendition of the song.

They then asked for all the female auditionees to go back into the room. There, they would teach us a dance combination. It wasn't too difficult and most of the moves were feathery and light, and more of a musical theatre jazz style. Which was good because that was my preferred way of dancing. We would learn it as a group and then perform it in smaller groups. I stepped forward confidently and danced to the best of my ability. The panel seemed to enjoy the dance, but I could never look too far into these things. Overall, I hoped I impressed the panel.

They then asked me to wait outside for a few minutes while they auditioned a couple of the guys. I was sure they did this on purpose to make auditionees even more nervous.

When I walked back into the room, three new men greeted me. It seemed those three were the potential Christians. I then had to sing Come What May with each of them. I felt sorry for the audition panel listening to the same song multiple times with different hopefuls.

The songs went well, as I always tried to sing it to the best of my ability. This was a chemistry test after all, so I tried to work well with the other voices. I didn't have an amazing amount of chemistry with any of the men in particular, but I felt it was passable. I felt nowhere near the same sparks as I did when I sang with Hunter. But I guess that was obvious.

I came out of the audition feeling confident, and the audition panel seemed to like what I was doing. But I couldn't be too sure. No-one ever gave anything away at auditions. Plus, I never wanted to get my hopes up because of the likely outcome that I wouldn't get the part. There was always more of a chance of me not getting the part than actually getting it.

That's showbiz...

I had a few hours until my date, so I strolled back home and made the most of the rare British sun. The weather was gorgeous, and it matched my mood perfectly. The evening ahead excited me and I knew Ashley was going to help me pick out an outfit, so I wasn't too worried about it.

As soon as I stepped through the door, Ashley's petite body almost slammed me to the floor and bombarded me. A jumble of words were flying out of her mouth and I could only assume that they were questions about the audition. Almost as soon as Ashley's body was near me, it was gone. Michael had grabbed his girlfriend by the waist and tried to place her on the couch. Ashley complied, but she was still buzzing with curiosity and excitement.