Newbies, sound check and a hint of awkwardness...

Start from the beginning

“Half an hour? I thought we were on in 5 minutes?” Liam called back. The director opened the door to talk to us properly, flicking through papers on his clipboard.

“No no. You’ve just got yourself confused with Shining Stars...” he corrected and backed out the room and shut the door. Harry and Zayn immediately tensed up and changed how they were sitting on the sofa.

“You alright?” Louis asked shoving an Oreo in his mouth.

“Yep. Fine.” Harry half smiled.

“What he said...” Zayn then replied, pointing to Harry next to him.

“Harry’s got a cruuush. Zayn’s got a cruuush.” I sang and did a little retarded dance round our dressing room. Harry swiftly got up and shoved me onto the nearby armchair and then sat back down. I landed in a fit of laughter.

“Yeah Niall...can you do me a favour...shut up. Cheers.” Zayn said as he went to check his hair in the mirror AGAIN and sat back down. His words oozing sarcasm.

“It’s true though.” Louis butted in, screwing his Oreo wrapper into a ball and throwing it, aiming for the bin...and missing. Zayn whispered something in Harry’s ear, in which he nodded in reply. Zayn got up and Harry followed. They started to head towards the door.

“Where are you two going?” Liam asked.

“A place...” Harry mumbled as he shut the door behind them.

“I’d better just go make sure they don’t do anything too stupid...” Liam stated as he got up and followed the boys out the door.

“Niall...” Louis started, admiring a carrot in his hand. “...if you put a carrot and a potato in the same hole...would it grow into a parrot?” he asked. That boy is messed up...

“No.” I replied simply, using one word, hoping that he would understand.

“K.” He put the carrot back down.

“What is up with you?” I asked with a chuckle.

“I’m just being curious.” Louis defended his childish mind.

“Right...okay.” I lay on the sofa fully stretched out. I took out my iPhone and started to play Angry Birds to pass the time. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Louis on his MacBook, fiddling about on Twitter. I went onto my Twitter to see what he was talking about...

@Louis_Tomlinson: Sitting here with @NiallOfficial talking about stuff...like The Brits :O Best Single guys! VOTEE! #vote1D

@NiallOfficial: @Louis_Tomlinson thinks that a parrot can be grown from a potato and a carrot. Messed up kid...;)

“Oii!” Louis exclaimed. He must have seen it. Haha!

Harry’s POV:

“Right which room is it again?” Zayn asked me.

“Er...room...3 NO WAIT err....5...” I was struggling to remember what Simon had told us. Unfortunately, I remembered the other stuff he had told us.

“Don’t talk to them, don’t flirt with them, don’t tweet them, don’t text them...”

It went on...and on...and on. So what if I spoke to Laura. A tweet would never hurt anyone. A text wouldn’t be the end of the world as we know it. And if I want to flirt, then flirt I shall.

Zayn’s POV:

“Right which room is it again?” I asked Harry, swiftly walking up the corridor, him following.