Chapter 2

A/N THIS IS A REWRITE OF 'THE OTHER VOIGHT'. I DO NOT OWN ONE CHICAGO FRANCHISE. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW.

****

The whole team had left almost an hour ago but Erin had decided to stay for a little while longer. After promising to see Jay at home she took it upon herself to update the whiteboard. This case had got to her from the very beginning but after discovering her sister's involvement she couldn't help but feel more attached and dependent on closure.

"So what happens now?" Erin asked Voight as he joined her standing in front of the white board. 

"We catch them." Voight nodded, simply. They hadn't really spoke about Ana's involvement and Erin knew Voight hadn't been impressed but this was his daughter, no matter how stubborn she had become or how much independence she had earned herself, she was always going to be the focal of his life.

Erin had just placed a photo of Ana on the whiteboard, the photo had been taken at her Law school graduation, it was a picture of Erin, Anna and Justin. She could remember the day like it was yesterday and sure enough it brought a smile to her face.

Flashback:

It was the day of Ana Jane Voight's graduation. She had completed her three years at Law school with one of the highest grades in her class and after today she would begin her career as an attorney in a well known practice in the city centre. Being a lawyer had never been Ana's childhood dream but seeing people like her dad work cases for month for it to only collapse in court didn't bow well with the Voight.

So when Voight's daughter graduated, it had been one of the proudest days of his life because he had always know his daughter would change the world for the better.

Antonio had been caught up in his first detail and hadn't been able to get the time off, instead, he had sent her a boqeut of hundred leaved roses. A sentiment of his sincere love, promising to make it up to her when she arrived back at his apartment later on in the evening.

It was after the ceremony and all the students had dispersed out of the hall where they had all met their families. At the sight of her father, brother and 'sister' she ran towards them, engulfing them all in a hug.

"Hey Erin, what do you think you're doing?" Ana asked, her eyebrows raised at the older girl who had separated from the hug, she, Ana and Justin had been embraced in.

"Taking the photo?" Erin shrugged, holding up the camera they had brought.

Ana stepped forward slightly, her hand still holding to Justin "I don't think so. It's a sibling photo." Ana tilted her head back slightly in the direction of her brother. "I can't have a sibling photo without my big sister can I?"

"Thank you" Erin smiled brightly. She had been off the drugs for years now but she still had the occasional slip up, she was getting there.

"It should be me thanking you. You're the best big sister anyone could ask for, so thank you" Anna gushed, her eyes fluttering sincerely.

She had always wanted a sister but when Voight took Erin Lindsay in, it had been different, she was feisty, more feisty than either Voight and for a while it was unclear if she would ever settle into the family home.

Voight stood there and watched his three children proudly. He knew it was going to be hard to add another child to the mix after all Justin and Anastasia had an unbreakable bond but once Erin arrived it became a three way bond and nothing was going to ruin that.

"She made us all proud that day" Voight smiled noticing Erin lost in her thoughts obviously remembering the same day he had. "I'm still not sure why she gave it up." he said, referring to the law career his daughter had.