Dae

When Chanho knocked on the door, I let him in immediately, telling him to be quiet since my mother was asleep. He was still sniffling quietly, so when he walked in, I picked up his bags for him. He stopped walking slowly, pulling me in for a hug.

"She won't love me. Ever. That's it. That's all there is," he finalized. I felt my eyes droop. I embraced him tightly, wrapping my fingers in his shirt again. I buried my face in his neck, pecking him lightly there.

"Don't say that, Chanho. I'm sure she loves you."

"She can't if she doesn't like homosexuality. That's who I am, Dae, that's what I am, and if she can't love that then she can't find a way to love me..."

I stayed silent after, knowing he was right. I shook my head, moving it to his chest. "She can fuck off, then. Cause I like you a whole lot." I could practically feel Chanho smile a sad smile, kissing the top of my head. I giggled, letting my eyes close into a crescent. I poked him.

"Hey, instead of moping, let's go do something fun, okay? You can leave your bags in my room."

"What even is there to do at this hour?"

I nudged him again. "There's a carnival in town, I think, not that far."

"Okay, but just... be here with me for a little bit," he said, lifting me lightly and hugging me tightly. I wrapped my legs around him, smiling widely as he took to me the couch to sit down. He sat on the couch while I resided on his lap, leaning forward to continue to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against him. He was really warm and comforting. I could hear Chanho's breath slow down, now he was taking calm breaths in and out.

"Babe," he whispered after a while, lifting his head slightly.

"Mhm?"

"We can go now... If you want anyway." 

I nodded, holding on tighter and signalling him to pick me up. He lifted me, carrying me carefully out of the house. He never let go of me, not even on the way there. In fact, he continued to recite cute things into my ear on the way there.

"You know your hair smells like strawberries, right?"

"Yes, I shampoo my hair."

"... I like it. You know your cheeks are adorable, right?"

"They're my cheeks so I guess I'd have to know."

"I see your point. So..."

"Yes, I know."

"How'd you even know what I was gonna say?"

"Because you've been complimenting me for the past fifteen minutes, you would think I know the qualities of all my body parts," I retaliated, giggling and sliding off of the front of his body. I took his hand into mine, tugging him towards the fair entrance. He followed, smiling down at my shuffling form. Upon our arrival, he got out his wallet and bought about twenty dollars in tickets.

"Holy crap, Chanho, that's a lot! What are we gonna do? How long are we gonna be here?" I belted out, staring up at him. He just shrugged and walked into the fair.

~*~

"See, I knew I made a good choice," I said, gazing around at the sights and attractions. Everything was glowing, whether it be from the actual lights or the excitement and fun the pedestrians were experiencing. Rides were spinning and zooming around, and the smell of various fair foods hit my nose. It was almost like heaven. Chanho smiled down at me, seeing my excited expression. I tugged on his shirt again.

"Let's go ride that one!" I suggested, pointing at a rollercoaster that went upside down a few times. He snickered, scrunching his face playfully.

"Oh, yikes. Don't you think you're too young for that? You're so fragile," he replied, squeezing my sides. I pouted.