CHAPTER FIVE

Amaarah's pov:

          "Nope"   

          "Nada"

           "la"

          "too fat "

          "too thin"

           "bad"....

           "okey"

          "not perfect"

          "nope".......

         These are the words I've been repeating to my mother from the past half  an hour as my Mom kept shoving picture after picture of suitors for me under my nose.

        Another half n hour and I'm definitely gonna scream in a very unprincess like way but my mom's being so persistent I'm a cent sure I'm gonna end up crazy or end up making her crazy!

          I looked sideways for an escape or topic change but Mom was'nt being easy with me today ,

          "Amaarah, look at me are you even serious about this? You do know it's a serious matter don't you ? You pay attention here and pick a snap or I'm telling you I'll give this responsibility to your Father"

      Now this sure got me, it would be a nightmare to look at guys pics in front of Father. What if he actually bought guys to the palace and asked me to pick one?

        Oh my God !Oh my God! Oh my God !

        I suddenly remembered  a cartoon I had seen when I was young it was based on Indian characters , in that the princess went through a 'swayamvar' I guess that's what it was called if I'm not wrong and the Indian princess had to choose a guy from 100's , she would roam around with a garland in hand and hang it around the prince she thinks is worth her .

          I went into my imaginary land were I found myself in the same situation with a garland in my hand and I laughed out loud  , Mom looked at me like I  was crazy ... I'm soooo dead now!

       Mother looked like the red engine in 'Thomas and friends '  ready to hoot .

          GOD ....help me ! save me from the wrath of red engine -  No No sorry Mom's wrath Ya Allah help.
But it was of no use , I ended up with Mother gone out of my chamber with a huff and a puff...

Amaan's pov:

         As soon as I saw Mom come out I bounced into Amaarah's room.

" You little itch, What did you do to Mom? she was like letting steam out of her ears " -I laughed when I heard Amaarah's imaginary vision

      "  Amia will always be Amia "

         She hated it when I called her that though so I'll keep my big mouth zipped...well...for now!

      I started browsing through the pics on Amaarah's bed . They were all good looking guys with good backgrounds .

       Yesterday Amaarah declared at dinner that she did'nt want to marry a Prince, she wanted to marry a normal good guy and lead a simple life.

         I did not understand her but Father and Mother were so proud of their little daughter.

       I've never seen her pick a spoon on her own so I wonder how she would manage as a housewife on her own - as much as I believed she needed a prince but I respect her decision.

        If she's so sure she can manage then I guess she will . She had taken after Mother after all. The same will power.

       She  was strong-  like her in many ways . She could handle any situation without blinking but I wondered how I would be without her, This actually made my eyes moist.

       "Amaan what are you crying about?"

      "What ? me? you are dreaming gal, wake up!"

      " I soooo saw that, tell me or....."

    She took out her vertu phone to snap a pic

      "You better keep that down Amaarah "

      "Tell me!"

          What was I thinking when I thought I'd miss this little devil ? It would be pretty good riddance !She was pain in the ass at times but come on which sister's are'nt?

     "I will miss you when you get married and go away"

     "awww bro , don't worry I'll still mess with you as much as I can "

    She came and gave me a huge hug , I was missing Aamir in our sibling talk but he was out camping with friends somewhere.

    A woman messenger entered the room (guys were not allowed anywhere near Amaarah's room so she had female guards) .

        She told us that Father was waiting for us in the living hall , I saw Amaarah tense ,she must be worried since she gave Mother a hard time.

         I know Mom would never complain about us to Father, I pulled her out of the room and in ten minutes we reached the living square.

       Father and Mother were seated on the huge antique chairs drinking Black tea. They looked at us with amusement in Their eyes.

  "As salamun alaikum join me kids, I want to spend as much time with you all  as I can before Aamir goes off and Amaan leaves for U.S and most certainly I heard Amaarah has finally accepted to get married , but before that I want to perform Umrah with all of you! "

         I could 'nt believe my ears Dad said I was going to the  U.S - I looked at Mother who was giving me a million dollar smile, I hugged them both and said jazakallah, Amaarah was happy and excited too.

       We were all going for Umrah , Alhumdulillah it would be wonderful as always, I was already looking forward to going to Umrah with my family.

      I called bro immediately with the news.

          **********************