Chapter Twenty Seven

I had only heard about beneath once. From that little girl back when Charlie was still my friend. When everything had been just as crazy but I hadn't hardly known anything. I had only just started to get information. Still right now, I don't know everything and that does scare me.

Now I'm in a place that Kyle may actually be right about. We both may die down here. Then there be nothing left of us. Gone, forgotten and never will we feel, love, touch, be alive ever again.

I hadn't spoken to Kyle since he had said we are beneath and we are probably going to die. What could I say to that? I have no clue. Kyle is just staring at me. Were we just going to sit here and wait to get killed? Seems like it.

"Will what are we going to do?" he asks.

"I don't know. Part of me just wants to give up. Why are we here? Who put us down here? You sure there is no escape?" I ask questions I'm not sure I really want to know the answers to.

"There is no one that has survived and managed to get back up there to the spirit world or human world. He made that clear. With his evil laughs and his strange bizarre ways. He acted so kind for a bit. I thought he wanted to help us but I should of never trusted him, Will. I really made a big mistake," he says looking pissed off with himself.

"The skeleton?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry Will. He played me but I didn't know what else to do did I? If you was me you wouldn't have either," he says now trying to make himself feel better.

"Don't worry Kyle I don't blame you. He always wanted me dead or me to join him. What I don't understand is blood of a lost soul? If he wants me dead wouldn't that piss off so many," I whisper.

"Yes, but he doesn't care no more. He wanted everyone else to destroy you if he couldn't. He don't need that no more, Will. He has you down here," says Kyle sighing.

"We can't just bloody sit here and die!" I scream kicking the wall furiously.

We're in some tight spaced area with rocks all around us, there is a way out but we hadn't even bothered to move.

"This may be the safest place, Will. Do you realize what is out there?"

"This bloody girl mentioned this place but I can't remember what she said," I say my brain not able to reach the memories right now.

"The reason people die down here isn't cause they sit here and wait to die. That won't happen. We don't need to eat and we can breathe find down here. What kills people and its all about how skillful you are because there's things down here. Creatures waiting to taste our blood, out bodies. They love the blood. Even if we are dead, we somehow still contain blood within us. It's quite weird. You even more so as your not dead, not yet," he whispers.

"Creatures, you mean if we go out there we'll be faced with creatures beyond our imagining?"

"I'm afraid so Will. We either give up now and go die or die later. Either way your right can't sit here forever. I'll rather be dead then be bored for however long it may be," says Kyle starting to struggle to his feet.

"You got hurt didn't you?" I ask.

"Yes. It still hurts a bit. You would think spirits can't get hurt or bleed but we can. No one has never really asked about why that is. We just accept it as it means we aren't truly dead."

"Less your me. Fighting to live within the human spirit world and everything and anything tries to get you killed. Then it don't feel so fun or accepting," I sigh.

"We should stand together till the end, Will. What my sister said maybe right. This could be seen as a mistake. Getting together but I don't still, not really. I believe you can still be our salvation and I won't give up or push you aside and blame you. I'm happy you are in my life now and maybe we will die down here but let's not give up. Let's go out there, fight those creatures until we die what you say?" he asks putting his hand out to me.

I look at him and smile, "Sure sounds like the most reckless and thoughtless idea I've ever heard but what the heck," I smile as I take up the hand Kyle had offered me and get to my feet.

"Let's go die together!"