xxxiii. voicemails + real life

TOM WALKED INTO A DINER where he was meeting Sasha

TOM WALKED INTO A DINER where he was meeting Sasha. He felt very alone with having not to talk to Cori. So, inconveniently, Sasha called him up to have a date together in small diner in New York City. Tom started dating Sasha back in July of last year, but the press only knew that they've been together for a few months.

He searched for Sasha before spotting her in a shaded corner of the diner. He put a fake smile on as he walked towards her. "Hey, Sash." He said quietly. She looked up from her phone and switched it off as he sat down. "Hey, Tommy." She said sweetly.

Tom was actually also slightly irritated with Sasha since when he had a fight with Cori. She never answered his texts or calls, when he needed her the most at the moment. They both sat there in silence, before Sasha spoke. "So, what have you been up to?"

"You would know if you answered any of my calls." He mumbled quietly. "What was that?" She asked, becoming uninterested in what they were doing. Tom huffed in annoyance as he bit his lip in aggravation. "Where were you when I needed you? I tried texting you and calling you. I got into a huge fight with Cori-" He was interrupted by Sasha scoffing at him.

"Why exactly does she need to be brought up while we're here?" She asked curiously, yet annoyed. Tom looked at her sternly before licking his lips. "Why exactly are we together?" He pursed his lips up. Sasha didn't speak on her behalf of the conversation they were having, until Tom got the sign.

"Oh my god, you're cheating on me. Aren't you?" He accused. She gasped at him in shock. "Why on earth would you think that?" Tom rolled his eyes at her. "You don't answer any of my messages, I try calling to set up some dates and-" Tom was interrupted by multiple buzzes from the pocket of his jeans as he spoke.

He ignored them, continuing to lecture Sasha. "I should have listened to them when they said they weren't fond of you." He spat bitterly. Sasha strunk in her seat slightly by his comment. "I should have seen what people say, about how you hop from one to another. I should have listened to her, believed in her, and not you." His eyes softened as he thought of Cori.

Tom gathered his stuff quickly before a voice begged him to stay. "Tom, please. I need you." Sasha begged. Before he stepped out the door, he turned his head towards her to let out a dry laugh. "Yeah, try saying that to the next guy whose gonna be in my place, sooner or later." Then off he went.

Cold air hit Tom's face as he stepped outside. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket as began to walk back to his hotel. He was greeted by many voicemails let by Cori. His face scrunched up in confusion before playing the voicemails.

VOICEMAILS

from: cori
@ 9:30 pm