ϴͷϵ

The night IT chose me was to be my last.

It was the year of our Lord, 1891, and I was dying. I lay upon my bed, covered in sweat, my heart beating slower by the minute when IT came.

IT came as a shadow, looming over me. I thought IT was an angel at first, come to take me to the Lord then I realized. I was meant for Hell. This must be a demon! I began to thrash around, trying to get away. I was not ready! This was too soon!

Then IT leaned down over my pale body, a whispered something in my ear. Something I would think about for centuries. Then IT touched my forehead with IT's bony fingers and I blacked out instantly.

<~~~~>

I came to, laying on silken sheets with new, soft clothes fit for a king. Yet here I was, a simple peasant with not a penny to spare! My eyes flickered open and something came to my attention.

Where is the creak of my bones as I move? Where is the pain? I slowly sat up and stared at my hands. They where not the wrinkled hands that gripped my cane, but the soft, long fingered hands of a boy! I jumped out of bed and ran to a mirror. I ran in a way I haven't in twenty years!

As I stared into the mirror, a different face then my normal, wrinkled face stared back. In the mirror lay reflected a young man in his mid-teens with raven black hair and bright blue eyes. Full lips separated slightly as I gasped.

How was this possible?