19 %

This is probably going to be the first rant in the book.
________________

Why can't my family understand that just because I'm black, it doesn't mean that I have to listen to 21 Savage, Kendrick Lamar, and other black rappers/artists.

Like yes, I do love my roots and you'll never see me talking smack about my own race. But that doesn't mean I have to listen to music by my race.

My brothers were saying that because I listen to Korean music that I'm "not black" 😑. They also went on to say that BTS is trash, they're gay because they all live together, and that their followers are mostly teenage girls.

Where do they get their information from

First of all, BTS actually talk about topics that are deep, unlike western rappers that mostly talk about sex, money, and drugs and try to sell it off by having a decent beat.

(Yes I know not all rappers talk about that, but it's so many that it outweighs the good rappers)

Secondly, if you're going to use the logic that they're gay because they live together, explain how you guys live in a dorm with another dude 🤔

Exactly.

Just because they live together, it doesn't mean that they love eachother. Even if one member turns out to be gay, that doesn't mean that living together caused that.

And lastly, most armys are girls, but they're are fanboys (like LeeJinSol95 ) who love bts the way we do. They love and support bangtan until the end, and continue to support them if they ever go their separate ways. Also, they are married women, elderly women, children, etc that listen to bts.

I just want to get this message through the brains of people that think black people can't things such as anime/Asian music:

Just because we are black it doesn't mean we aren't allowed to have interests that aren't stereotypical.