Skyler sighed, pulling the collar to breathe in the scent of the lightly scented unwashed shirt she hadn't dared to wear since the loss of its owner but tonight she needed the comfort the scent brought her.

A single reminder of a once perfect time of her life.

Traipsing across the cold wooden flooring, feeling the coolness against her sole Skyler stepped over the small cracks in the wood, sending echoing creaks around the room.

Reaching her king sized bed she breathed in deeply, shuffling herself under the duvet and into it before laying flat out in a starfish position to allow her muscles to relax and settle down from her extraneous day of stressful choices.

And out, slowly letting out the breathe she was holding as she felt her eyes begin to droop and her surroundings become cloudy as her eyes lost their focus, she knew she would have to be up early in the morning to avoid the wrath of her disappointed father.

Chronos hated the idea of any wizarding school, let alone his pure blooded daughter being allowed to associate herself with 'muggle borns' , 'half bloods' and 'blood traitors'. He knew she would make Slytherin, or at least hope.

Everyone knew if she didn't he would threaten to disown and remove his daughters bloodline from her but even Skyler knew he loved her far too much to be able to break her apart that badly.

She just would be given a fright.
A warning even for a future mistake.
Lesson learnt, move on and improve.

That was his motto, being brought up in a life of dark wizards he had always taught not only himself but Skyler too over the years, to expect the worst and not be disappointed when the news comes.

But.
Much too his dismay the talented witch received her letter of acceptance and now she starts in September which was barely a month away.

Skyler awoke early that morning, looking up as her mother stared down at her in distaste.

"Skyler, you're running late already. I also can't take you today so you'll have to ask your father to, I'm sorry."

She burst out of her bed, throwing the duvet on the floor in the progress as it knocked over the glass of water by her bed sending it all across the bedroom floor.

"Oh for heavens sake Sk..-look what you're doing, bloody elf get in here!"

A different little elf apparated into the room with a rather irritated face, grumbling under its breath in the progress as it quickly began tidying up the mess Skyler had made.

"Mother no, please you can't expect him to have any patience taking me around the alley, he hates anyone that isn't pure blood."

Isolde looked down at her daughter exasperated, pinching the bridge of her nose and exhaling slowly.

"I'll tell him to be respectful, you can't blame him for that way it's in his blood."

Isolde gazed at Skyler for a moment she watched her daughters eyebrow twitch slightly in irritation before she turned away and walked into her closet to change.

"What do I wear?"

"Anything decent and a cloak as it's chilly outside."