"That's a bad habit Skyler."
"I know mother, I'm just nervous for tomorrow."

Kissing her forehead softly Isolde turned her around to face her mirror as she began to pull her short blonde curls into a loose plait, some tendrils falling and cascading down Skylers finely defined cheekbones.

"It will be excellent I can assure you. Do not fret about it love, your father will not be there so you can be yourself my dear."

Skyler let out a sigh of relief, running her thin fingers across her plait as it fell down her back, meeting the middle of her spine as shook the loose tendrils out of her face.

Isolde glided towards the large dark oak doors, turning on the spot before making sure she was holding the silver handles in each hand as she stepped backwards onto the landing.

"Thankyou mother, goodnight."

"Sleep well my little bird."

Her bedroom doors closed slowly, Skyler clicking her fingers as a rather small, well dressed elf appeared beside her polar bear skin rug covering her rather old looking wooden flooring.

"Y..-Yes miss grey?"

"Good evening Elme, I'm sorry for calling you so late but I was curious."

The elf stared at his young mistress eyes full of respect as he awaited her question, he had known her since she was a baby, the same with her mother Isolde and would do anything for the pair willingly, the same said for Mr Grey within reason.

"I was wondering, where are your quarters now the larder is being remodelled?"

The elf stared in wonder at the young girl in-front of him unsure how to answer so he decided to be honest.

"I..-I don't have any quarters currently miss, Elme is outside now m..m-miss."

"Nonsense. No one in this manor sleeps outside, you can sleep in the guest room next door Elme, you've served us for longer than anyone would be physically able to stay loyal to my father for."

Elme looked in adoration at his young mistress, amazed that someone so rich and proper would be so kind towards such an inferior creature.

"T..-Thankyou mistress. Elme is forever thankful to serve the Grey's."

Skyler smiled, nodding as the elf apparated into nothing, leaving behind a small disturbance in the air and the dust resettled into the rug.

Having found herself some comfort now, Skyler walked into her closet to change as she looked for something to wear for the night.

Her fingers hesitating over a oversized dress shirt once belonging to someone she made her mind and yanked it out the drawer, stripping from her clothes, only leaving her undergarments on as she began pulling the white dress shirt over her head as it fell over her hips and settled mid thigh.

As she began to do up a few buttons she glanced at herself in the mirror. You could see the shock as the shirt hung loosely over her once plump figure, it used to be too small even being a mans size.

Thankfully since that terrible winter everything had changed, many people suffered when the dark lord returned. The owner of the dress shirt being one of them, an important model in her life who now was not part of it at all.