17: Rose's Sister

"Rose has a sister?"

Eli Frye and his friends watched as Calla Lind entered her car and drove off without a backward glance. It was clear that the young girl was giving them the cold shoulder since she didn't want to stick around. It was surprising because normally, girls would want to stick around and talk to them – especially to Eli Frye. Even if Eli is cold or mean, the girls kept persisting to be close. 

On the other hand, Calla Lind looked disappointed at first when Eli did not know who she was. But instead of pushing like others would, she backed off with no further interest in speaking to him. While there have been women who played the hard-to-get games in order to catch Eli Frye attention, it never worked. The man was just too sharp and smart to fall for any games. But Calla Lind wasn't playing.

"What do you want to do Eli?" 

"Do you still want to recruit her?"

Their original intent was to recruit capable people for the company they will soon launch. They had wanted to recruit the mysterious beauty when she wrote out Aion on the glass wall. But that was before they knew she was Rose's sister. Eli's friends all know his complicated relationship with Rose Lind. They know the cold man never likes mixing business with pleasure. 

Still, they saw the cold, emotionless leader's gazed at the direction where Callas Lind had disappeared off to. The guys glanced at each other – all share the same worried expression but no one dared to speak out their concerns.