Breaking Point

Things didn’t go exactly as Suemaya had hoped but she was still content with the results. She couldn’t complain, after all Janaan was gone, her husband was sure to keep her out of the way and most importantly, Junayd knew that had to move on… or at least he should. Junayd had been a swift knight, ready to slay a dragon and she wondered if he would have done the same for her. She only wished Junayd hadn’t arrived so soon, then she might have witnessed the walloping Janaan deserved.  

Ousama didn’t speak the whole ride to the house and neither did Janaan. They both had a lot on their minds. (…still waters run deep… hmm isn’t that truth) Janaan thought as she recalled how Junayd had taken Ousama down. She replayed it over and over in her head. Junayd had come out of nowhere and put Ousama to shame, never did she even imagine the side of Junayd she had seen today, he was a true warrior, a lion at heart and the strength he displayed when he shoved her behind his back protectively and slammed Ousama to the ground was shocking. He was her hero.

Janaan had lost most of her shells when Ousama yanked her to her feet but she still had the three she had been holding when he arrived. She wondered how he even knew where she was to begin with and why he had called her a slut. (What did I do wrong? Why was he so angry? He never cared about me leaving the house before so why now? Someone must have told him something…but who knew where I was other than Suemaya…no, it couldn’t have been her, she doesn’t have his number.) she thought, ready to cross Suemaya off the suspect list but she couldn’t help but remember the smug little smile she had seen on her face, it was sickening.

Ousama was so angry, he couldn’t decide what to do first, Kill her… or the baby, maybe he’d just kill them both at once… but he guessed it didn’t really matter the sequence, either way, they were both dying tonight. She had caused far too much trouble and embarrassment in his life, he could simply divorce her but wasn’t that what she wanted, that would be the easy way out… and there would be no easy way out for her, not while he was breathing, there wouldn’t. The bitch needed to know exactly who was boss and he planned to school her real well. (That asshole busted my damn lip… how did that gate boy get all the way down here anyway? And how long has she been meeting him? That whoring little bitch! …that might not even be my baby.) he thought angrily turning onto a different street. It was after Maghrib when they finally got to the house. Janaan greeted Malika and Saleh when she walked in. They both gave her disapproving looks and pretended not to hear her greeting. Janaan considered repeating herself but instead jutted out her jaw and went upstairs quietly. Ousama came in five minutes later and went straight to his bedroom, totally disregarding his parents presence in the living room. Janaan was praying when he came in. “Mmhm, you’d better pray… pray hard.” He told her as he passed to go into the bathroom and she did, she prayed hard. “Ya Allah, the owner of all majesty and power, the most merciful, the most kind, my lord, my protector, you alone I worship and you alone I ask for help…help me… help me… help me…get me out of this mess…” she pleaded, tears leaked from her eyes in abundance onto the . “Remove Ousama from my life and me from his, You know where my heart is, no matter how hard I try to hide it… Ya Aleem; the all knowing, I put my trust in you… Ya Wadood; the most loving… I yearn to be with Junayd…B- but if he and I are not meant to be… I swear that any other man that you love and who fears you, will do… just take me away from here… This marriage has only brought darkness… I am so lost… I need your light… and you are able to do all things… ”

Saffiya stood at her nephew's door, her hand rested on the smooth wood for a minute, she wanted to try and console him but after hearing all the crashing that was happening on the other side of the door,  she sighed and decided that it would be better to wait until after the storm was over. Besides she wasn't quite sure what to say to him.

Now that Ousama's face was not around for him to bash in, Junayd needed some other way to let out the negative energy that he had been forced to contain. First he cleared everything off the top of his dresser in one violent swipe, then he turned over his study table and threw his chair... the sound of the wood cracking reminded him that he was in someone else's house and he decided that it was probably time to calm down. He didn't want to cause any problems for his auntie.