Just Married... Again

Golden candlelight flickered, dancing on the walls, celebrating an unforgettable union but Haroon was not interested, he had eyes for only one, his woman. Still, he gazed at her long after she slept, she looked so peaceful and carefree. Her smooth skin glowed, dark lashes slightly shadowed her cheeks and her soft hair spread around her head, she was a queen, no less. He still couldn’t believe she was really his, not that she hadn’t been before but this time was different, she was his in a deeper sense. He knew her like no other man, there wasn’t a stone left unturned and not a sense denied of her magic, each plunged into oceans of passion and in the heat of things she unfolded, melted like the candles all around them and he knew that when she woke and remembered the things they had done, a raging fire would burn her cheeks and she probably wouldn’t be able to make eye contact for a good long while. He smiled at the thought and reached out to brush her cheek with the back of his hand only to have it smacked away by an irritated sleeping beauty. He grinned and stroked her hair instead, her lips twitched disapprovingly but she made no other move to indicate that he was interrupting her slumber. As he watched her he realized all over again how much he loved her, how much her happiness meant to him and that he didn’t want to ever see her hurt…but then he had hurt her tonight and she had cried, her whimpers pained him but it had to be done. Afterwards he held her in his arms and whispered sweet comforting words. Before long he noticed a change in her breathing which told him that she was finally asleep.

Mayra heard something, it sounded like water splashing, her eyes popped open and roamed the room, it wasn’t that bright but she could tell it was definitely not her bedroom, before she could even begin to wonder where she was or why she remembered, everything came flooding back bringing with it a strange warmth that spreading all over. So much had happened I so little time but here was no sign of the man responsible, the man she could now call ‘husband’ (Where is he anyway?) she wondered and then Splash! She heard the water again from behind her. She turned over quietly to investigate. Her eyes widened for a brief moment before being slammed tightly shut, she couldn’t recall ever seeing so much man all at once, in her life, she was thankful that he had his back to her because even though she warned herself against it, she wanted to take one more look at his majestic body and she did. He wore his scars like a warrior, covering the muscles on one side like a large tattoo, they did not diminish his attractiveness in the least, in fact they seemed to enhance it. After wrapping a towel around his waist, he began removing the water he had used with some buckets kept nearby, he then carried them outside and emptied them. He returned and filled the buckets with fresh water then dressed in boxers and a tank top. The whole time Mayra watched him while pretending to be asleep. “You aren’t too good a spy, are ya love?” he asked suddenly breaking the silence. Mayra nearly jumped but somehow she managed not to and grew as still as a stone. Unconsciously she held her breath while struggling to fight a smile. She had no idea that he was aware of her wakefulness. Haroon chuckled and she could no longer hold her smile “How did you know?” she asked opening her eyes “I was completely quiet.” “And that my dear, is exactly how I knew… the moment you stopped snoring and grinding your teeth AND… farting, I knew you were awake.” He explained casually but his eyes twinkled with amusement. Mayra thought she would die of embarrassment, had she really been farting? She covered her face. “Aww c’mon, don’t be embarrassed May, its normal… but MY GOODNESS, what have you been eating?” Mayra could actually feel the heat rising in her cheeks “Haroon! Stop lying, you’re embarrassing me and I do not grind my teeth or snore.” “Hmm okay… but what about farting?” She could tell he was grinning, he could be so evil at times. Mayra turned away from him and curled up . Haroon howled with laughter “Mmhm, I guess I was right about that.” Mayra ignored him, her embarrassment was turning into something else. “Heyyy, May babes, are you really getting upset?... hahaha…okay, look, look…I’m sorry… seriously.” He said climbing on the bed behind her “I was just messing with you, I was lying, you didn’t fart…not even once, I swear it.” A small twisted smile formed on her lips, suddenly she wasn’t so upset anymore “Well then how did you know that I was awake?” “Well, I couldn’t hear you moving around or breathing anymore and I could feel your eyes on me… so you didn’t like my fart joke?” “No, that wasn’t funny Haroon, you need to be more serious.” “More serious…” he murmured climbing over her and positioning himself so that he could see her face “I can be serious…in fact, I have a few serious things I need to talk to you about.” (Oh no, here we go…more embarrassing stuff.) she thought. “About earlier, when we…” he started but his voice trailed off “Haroooon…. Can we please not talk about that right now?” “When are we gonna talk about it then?” “Why do we even need to talk about it… there’s nothing to say.” “We need to talk about it because it’s important and there are lots of things to say… I have things to say…things I want you to know…like how special and proud I feel knowing that I’m the only man you’ve ever been with… and that you waited for me even after I sent you away… thank you for being so patient Mayra.” He said before kissing her forehead gently. “I want you to know that you are absolutely beautiful…from here… to here.” He said touching the top of her head and the soles of her feet. “Every last inch of you, Mayra…and I’m not just talking, there’s no place I haven’t been, you know that.” Mayra covered her face shyly, it was growing feverish not just because what he said was embarrassing but especially because he was right, he definitely had been an exceptionally thorough explorer. Haroon smiled flashing his straight white teeth and he let out a deep rumbling chuckle. Beep…beep…beep…beep! sounded Haroon’s alarm “Ahh, it’s almost time to pray my shy one.” He said turning off his alarm. “As you know I’ve already had my bath, it’s your turn, go on, hurry so we can pray in time.” he said scooting her towards the edge of the bed. “I’m not bathing in front of you.” “What do you mean? I don’t remember you giving me a choice.” “Haroon it’s not even the same, you aren’t shy and I am, you didn’t mind but I do.” “So you’re sending me out in the cold?” Mayra smiled “No… but you have to promise not to look.” “C’mon May, why you gotta be like that?” Haroon asked making a sad face. She laughed “Promise?” “Okay…I promise.” He said turning to lay in the opposite direction. Mayra climbed off the bed and stood shakily, stepped forward and sucked in air, she was not expecting to be as sore as she was, walking to the tub was more than just a little uncomfortable.