Jordan noticed what she said and covered her mouth. "How do you know?"

"Just a wild guess..." She trailed off.

"Well, okay. I'll see you later, Jordan." Ethan chuckled and began to walk towards his car.

Jordan closed the door after watching him drive away from the house. When she turned around, Chance and Kamryn were standing there while munching on their waffles.

"Do you like my dad?" Chance muffled with his mouth full.

"Yeah, mommy, are you guys dating now?"

Jordan's eyes widened, "we aren't even friends guys." She chuckled nervously.

"You're not friends with my dad? How come?" Chance asked in a quiet voice, no longer having waffles stuffed in his mouth because he swallowed them down quickly.

"Well I mean, I'm warming up to him so that's something." Jordan forced a smile. Ethan was still annoying in her eyes, just less annoying now.

"I think Ethan likes you, mommy."

Jordan cackled, "there's no way, he doesn't like me very much."

NOTE: thIS IS THe FIRST tiMe I'vE eveR saiD CAcKLed frEAKing WiTCh

"No more questions. Go eat the rest of your food now." Jordan shooed them away. They just laughed before heading back into the kitchen.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Chance is now home with Ethan, they are having dinner.

"Dad, do you like Jordan?" Chance muttered as he played around with his food. Ethan lifted his head up and looked at his son.

Ethan smiled, "not really."

Chance's eyes widened, surprised at his dad's answer. "What! Why not? She's nice." Chance took a spoonful of his chinese food and munched on it quietly.

"Well she's sort of annoying...and obnoxious. Bossy, too." Ethan told him just as he finished up his food.

"But don't tell Jordan I said that." Ethan chuckled and threw out the take out box.

"I won't." Chance got up from his chair to throw his empty box away also.

"Why are you asking, Chance? Does Jordan like me?" Ethan asked him with a smug smile.

Does she? Does she even consider me as a friend?'

"At first she said you guys aren't even friends, then I asked why," Chance started.

Well that answers my question.

"Then what?" Ethan patted the empty spot next to him on the couch. Chance walked over and sat next to his dad.

"Then she said she's warming up to you or something." Chance shrugged.

He had no clue what it meant, but apparently his dad did by the look on his face.

Ethan had a small smirk on his face, "what is it, dad?"

"I think Jordan is starting to enjoy my presence, son."

"Oh..." Chance trailed off and leaned back against the couch like his dad.

"That is a good thing, right?"

"It is, bup."

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Ethan continued to look up at the ceiling with the television still on in the background.

Chance had fallen asleep leaning against his dad. Ethan enjoyed being around his son, so he left Chance next to him for a little while he thinks.

Am I warming up to her? She's not too bad, I guess, Ethan's thoughts went back and forth which caused him to groan softly and placed his hands on his face.

I didn't get to annoy her today. My five day streak of irritating her is gone. Damn. Who am I kidding? This shit is so stupid. I haven't even thought about annoying her. Am I like seriously warming up to her too? Nah, it's probably just because I've been busy today. Yeah...that's it.

Ethan looked over at Chance who's mouth was slightly parted.

Ethan smiled, he loves his son so much.

"Alright, bup. Let's get you to bed, huh?" Ethan spoke quietly to himself. He gently picked the sleeping boy's body up from the couch and walked up the stairs.

He pushed Chance's door so it widened. He placed him onto his bed and put his blanket over him, his favorite one.

It's the one he got from his mom.

Ethan smiled at his sleeping son and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you, bup."

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Jordan closed Kamryn's room door after kissing her goodnight.

She walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, grabbing her tub of ice cream.

Jordan took a spoon and walked back out of the kitchen, making her way towards the couch.

As Jordan ate in peace, she began to think about the conversation with Kamryn and Chance from earlier.

"Am I really warming up to the guy?" She whispered. She shook her head and shoved a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

Jordan licked her lips, "okay maybe I am. Just a little. Ethan's not too bad. He's a good dad to chance, and he genuinely seems like a good person when he's not irritating me."

"You know what, Jordan? You're going to give the guy a chance and be a better person. You're only thinking he's that irritating because of how you guys met." She spoke to herself before shoving another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"Yeah you do that, Jordan. Good job!" She was actually proud of herself.

"Don't be childish,"

"like Ethan."

As the night continued, both single parents sat on their couch thinking about what would happen if they were actually warming up to one another. It may be a silly topic to think about for a long period of time, but to them it seemed important.

i'm so dramatic wtf ew.
vote&comment!
-tastyethan

i'm actually so excited for you babies to read the next chapter :))